NAWCC Forums Rules
Revised May 4, 2020Welcome to the NAWCC Forums. The purpose of this venue is to promote the accumulation, preservation, and distribution of horological knowledge and information. It is an educational venue, not a commercial one, and the rules herein are written to maintain that purpose as well as to make your experience more enjoyable and meaningful.
By the use of the NAWCC Forums (hereinafter “these Forums”) you agree to the rules and conditions posted below.
General Information and RequirementsAccounts:
You may have only one account. Multiple accounts found for the same user will be merged into one account after discussion with the user.Your Personal Profile:
Your profile may include as much information as you wish. Creative or humorous themes may be used but no advertising nor any personal or business promotion is permitted. Avatars and profile photos, if used, must conform to image usage Rule 6 below. No links are permitted other than a personal website in your signature and/or website block.Forum contents are public and indexable, use at your own risk!
Everything you post here is visible to administrators, moderators, other users, guests, search engines, and both harmless and malicious bots. NAWCC does not warrant, approve, or in any way take responsibility for the accuracy or usefulness of information posted here.Forum-specific Rules:
Some forums have specific rules that are posted in the Forum introduction; familiarize yourself with those before posting.Rules are subject to change or amendment:
Forum rules may be modified and rules added or removed as deemed appropriate by site administration. All changes made take immediate effect when posted here.Rules completeness and interpretation:
These Rules, together with user requirements stated in the Registration Form, constitute the whole of conditions for your participation in these Forums. Questions of errors, omissions, and interpretation shall be duly considered by site administration whose decision is final.English language forums:
Thread titles, posts, and signatures in languages other than English may be edited if necessary to ensure general understanding of message board content. PM/Conversations are not subject to this restriction.Posts on behalf of a banned member:
You may not post on behalf of a banned member. Users found in violation will also be banned.Reporting rule violations:
Users should report posts thought to be in violation of the Rules or otherwise objectionable, whether in a forum or a PM/Conversation, by using the “Report Post” link found at the lower left of every message. Reports can also be made to the forum moderator or any administrator by starting a PM/Conversation.Rule violation actions by NAWCC:
On discovery or reporting of a rules violation or for any other reason, NAWCC reserves the right to edit, delete, or otherwise change or remove message content at any time as deemed appropriate. Affected users will be notified of all such actions. Users who are deemed to have been involved in rule infractions and disputes will receive a fair hearing by site administration, which may result in posting restrictions or loss of posting privileges. A user may appeal to the NAWCC Executive Director if disagreement still exists. His/her decision will be final.Jurisdiction:
These Forums are the property of The National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors, Inc., a 501(c)(3) Pennsylvania non-profit corporation with offices at 514 Poplar Street, Columbia, PA 17512. These terms of service are governed by the laws and statutes of the State of Pennsylvania and applicable U.S. Federal law and will be interpreted in accordance with the courts of the State of Pennsylvania, which shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any claim or dispute that may arise out of or in connection with these terms of service. Legal notices are to be sent to the attention of the Executive Director.
Forum Usage and Posting RulesThe following six basic rules apply to your usage of these Forums and all posts you may make. You are solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless NAWCC, Inc. (these Forums), Xenforo (the makers of the software), and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
- Be respectful and courteous:
- This venue is for discussion of watches, clocks, and all things horological.
- Respect all users, organizations, and businesses.
- References to businesses and services are limited to personal experience only.
- Personal attacks and derogatory remarks are strictly prohibited and will result in loss of posting
- Discussions of value:
- Values may be discussed in any forum with the understanding that said discussions do not represent an appraisal for any purpose, nor does the NAWCC warrant said values in any way. Furthermore, there is no assurance that any opinion on value is accurate.
- Offers to buy or sell, links to active sales:
- No form of selling is permitted in any forum, including discussions implying your item may be available for sale. Want ads may be posted only in the restricted "Want to Buy" forum.
- Links or references to active sales or auctions will be removed. Links or references to completed sales and auctions are permitted for discussion.
- Requests for parts for repair of your watch or clock are permitted only in the “Watch Parts Wanted” and “Clock Parts Wanted” threads in the Watch Repair Forum, Clock Repair Forum, and 400-Day Forum respectively. All transactions for such materials must be made outside these Forums.
- Links to vendors who sell repair materials and supplies in quantity are permitted.
- PM/Conversations are not subject to any restrictions stated in this rule 3.
- Politics, religious beliefs, or explicit sexual content:
- No discussions, references or links to these topics are permitted in posts, thread titles, signatures, or profiles.
- Spam, redirects, business or personal promotion:
- Spamming of other users by any means is prohibited including by email, PM/Conversations or by using information obtained from this venue.
- Referral links or redirects are considered spam.
- No business promotion of any kind.
- No personal promotion in posts, thread titles, signatures or your profile.
- Signatures must follow these guidelines:
- 80 characters maximum including spaces on one or two lines.
- A site name, link and general tagline for your personal website is permitted.
- No more than two smileys, only from those installed on the message board.
- No images, no increasing text size. Colors, bolding and Italicizing are permitted.
NAWCC Forums Copyright Compliance
NAWCC, Inc. (herein "NAWCC") supports compliance with copyright law in all respects. This rule and the Copyright Notice appended following these rules (which is incorporated herewith by reference), represent our interpretation of the law and our policy with regard to image and other copyright material usage and posting on these Forums.
The following guidelines are applicable to the use and posting of images and other electronic material regarding any and all of your personal posts on these Forums. You may not post images that you didn’t create unless you have the owner’s explicit permission. All images and digital material posted including what you create and reference by links must conform to this policy.
NAWCC Forums Copyright Notice
©2002-2020 NAWCC Forums - All Rights Reserved Worldwide
- It is the policy of NAWCC to respect the copyright of third parties and to claim and defend its own copyrights to the full extent of the law.
- All NAWCC-owned Trademarks, Titles, Logos, Names and Descriptions of Categories and Forums including but not limited to the NAWCC Forums are the property of NAWCC Inc. and World-Wide Ownership Rights are hereby asserted and protected.
- All Intellectual Property and Images appearing on these Forums in any form or format are Ownership and Copyright Protected World-Wide.
- If you wish to share information contained on these Forums, it is recommended to use a link to the site or respective post. No post or part of a post may be copied, published, stored or placed on any other website or publication without specific written permission of NAWCC. Permission can be requested by contacting the Forums Administrator.
- For contributors to the NAWCC Forums:
- Contributors to these Forums retain copyright ownership, rights, and privileges for each respective post you make and the content therein, and you may reuse your respective posts in any way desired, but not the entire message that contains other contributor's post(s) in addition to your own.
- By contributing to these Forums, you agree to grant NAWCC a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable license for use of and the right to publish and distribute your posts, in its entirety or in part, for educational purposes. Such use includes posts or parts thereof, including but not limited to photographs and drawings. Publication and distribution shall be limited to NAWCC publications, websites and social media sights now known or later developed, and other media published or created by NAWCC. You cannot withdraw or retract your posting(s) or seek payments from NAWCC in relation to this license now or at any time in the future.
- NAWCC agrees that it will not sell, transfer or license the right to copy and use postings from these Forums to third parties.
- No one may post on the NAWCC Forums any photograph or other material protected by copyright (unless he or she is the owner) without first receiving the express written permission of the copyright owner (email correspondence is acceptable). This includes reproducing the full text or substantial part of any written material such as news stories, articles, books, etc. It is acceptable to paraphrase other works only if the original source is cited. It is also acceptable to mention or link to other websites that are of interest to users of the Forums so long as it does not violate Forum Rules, Member Code of Ethical Conduct, or the linked website's guidelines. Please cite the URL followed by the date that the website was last accessed (e.g. "url.abc accessed on January 01, 2020.”)
- By contributing to the NAWCC Forums, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the NAWCC and its officers, directors, agents, employees, members and volunteers including the Forums administrators and moderators from and against any and all demands, claims, damages to persons or property, losses, and liabilities, including reasonable attorneys' fees arising out of or caused by:
- Any and all postings by any other contributor to these Forums, and
- Any and all actions, including editing and deleting your posts (in whole or in part), and loss of posting privileges or posting restrictions at the discretion of Forums administrators and moderators for actual or perceived NAWCC Forums rules infractions.
Current Discussion: Main discussion
Discussion Status: Not open for further comments.