Welcome to the NAWCC Message Board. The purpose of this venue is to promote the accumulation, preservation, and distribution of horological knowledge and information. It is an educational venue, not a commercial one, and the rules herein are written to maintain that purpose as well as to make your experience more enjoyable and meaningful.
NAWCC Message Board Rules
Revised December 22, 2014
By the use of the NAWCC Message Board (hereinafter “this MB”) you agree to the rules and conditions posted below.
General Information and RequirementsAccounts:
You may have only one account. Multiple accounts found for the same user will be suspended. Reinstatement will be at NAWCC’s discretion.Your Personal Profile:
Your profile may include as much information as you wish. Creative or humorous themes may be used but no advertising nor any personal or business promotion is permitted. Avatars and profile photos, if used, must conform to image usage Rule 6 below. No links are permitted other than a personal website in your signature and/or website block.Forum contents are public and indexable, use at your own risk!
Everything you post here is visible to administrators, moderators, other users, guests, search engines, and both harmless and malicious bots. NAWCC does not warrant, approve, or in any way take responsibility for the accuracy or usefulness of information posted here.Forum-specific Rules:
Some forums have specific rules that are posted in the Forum introduction; familiarize yourself with those before posting.Rules are subject to change or amendment:
Forum rules may be modified and rules added or removed as deemed appropriate by site administration. All changes made take immediate effect when posted here.Rules completeness and interpretation:
These Rules, together with user requirements stated in the Registration Form, constitute the whole of conditions for your participation in this MB. Questions of errors, omissions, and interpretation shall be duly considered by site administration whose decision is final.English language forums:
Thread titles, posts, and signatures in languages other than English may be edited if necessary to ensure general understanding of message board content. Private messages (PM) are not subject to this restriction.Posts on behalf of a banned member:
You may not post on behalf of a banned member. Users found in violation will also be banned.Reporting rule violations:
Users should use the “Report Post” icon found at the lower left of every message to report posts thought to be in violation of the Rules or otherwise objectionable. You may also send a private message (PM) to the forum moderator or to any administrator.Rule violation actions by NAWCC:
On discovery or reporting of a rules violation or for any other reason, NAWCC reserves the right to edit, delete, or otherwise change or remove message content at any time as deemed appropriate. Affected users will be notified of all such actions. Users who are deemed to have been involved in rule infractions and disputes will receive a fair hearing by site administration. A user may appeal to the NAWCC Executive Director if disagreement still exists. His/her decision will be final.Jurisdiction:
This MB is the property of The National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors, Inc., a 501(c)(3) Pennsylvania non-profit corporation with offices at 514 Poplar Street, Columbia, PA 17512. These terms of service are governed by the laws and statutes of the State of Pennsylvania and applicable U.S. Federal law and will be interpreted in accordance with the courts of the State of Pennsylvania, which shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any claim or dispute that may arise out of or in connection with these terms of service. Legal notices are to be sent to the attention of the Executive Director.
Forum Usage and Posting RulesThe following six basic rules apply to your usage of this MB and all posts you may make. You are solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless NAWCC, Inc. (this MB), vBulletin (the makers of the message board software), and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
- Stay on topic, not on people. Be kind and courteous:
- Start a new thread if you have a new subject or topic to discuss. Respect all users, organizations, and businesses. References to businesses, services, or other users are limited to personal experience only. Personal attacks and derogatory remarks are strictly prohibited.
- Discussions of value:
- You may not discuss values except in “What do you think it is worth?” Forums. Requests for values in any other forum will be edited, removed, or redirected. The Value Forums are free to all registered Message Board users.
- Offers to buy or sell, links to active sales:
- No form of selling is permitted in any forum, including discussions implying your item may be available for sale. Want ads may be posted only in the restricted "Want to Buy" forum.
- Links or references to active sales or auctions will be removed. Links or references to completed sales and auctions are permitted for discussion.
- Requests for parts for repair of your watch or clock are permitted only in the “Watch Parts Wanted” and “Clock Parts Wanted” threads in the Watch Repair Forum and Clock Repair Forum respectively. All transactions for such materials must be made outside this MB.
- Links to vendors who sell repair materials and supplies in quantity are permitted.
- Politics, religious beliefs, or explicit sexual content:
- No discussions, references or links to these topics are permitted in posts, thread titles, signatures, or profiles.
- Spam, redirects, business or personal promotion:
- Spamming of other users by any means is prohibited including by email, private message (PM) or by using information obtained from this venue.
- Referral links or redirects are considered spam.
- No business promotion of any kind.
- No personal promotion in posts, thread titles, signatures or your profile.
- Signatures must follow these guidelines:
- 80 characters maximum including spaces on one or two lines.
- A site name, link and general tagline for your personal website is permitted.
- No more than two smileys, only from those installed on the message board.
- No images, no increasing text size. Colors, bolding and Italicizing are permitted.
- Copyright compliance.
- NAWCC supports compliance with copyright law in all respects. This rule and the Copyright Notice appended following these rules (which is incorporated herewith by reference), represent our interpretation of the law and our policy with regard to image and other copyright material usage and posting on this MB.
- Please note in particular the conditions specified in paragraphs 4, 5, and 7 in the Copyright Notice regarding your personal posts on this MB.
- The following guidelines are applicable to the use and posting of images and other electronic material:You may not post images you didn’t create unless you have the owner’s explicit permissionAll images and digital material posted including what you create and reference by links must conform to Rules 3, 4, and 5 above.Use links to images and digital material for which you don't have permission from the owner to post.
©2002-2019 NAWCC Message Board - All Rights Reserved Worldwide
- It is the policy of NAWCC Inc. and the NAWCC Message Board (hereinafter “this MB”) to respect the copyright of third parties and to claim and defend its own copyrights to the full extent of the law.
- All NAWCC-owned Trade Marks, Titles, Logos, Names and Descriptions of Categories and Forums including but not limited to "NAWCC Message Board" are the property of NAWCC Inc. and World-Wide Ownership Rights are hereby asserted and protected.
- All Intellectual Property and Images appearing on this MB in any form or format are Ownership and Copyright Protected World-Wide. NAWCC INC. and/or individual authors and contributors own the copyright for the content.
- NAWCC warrant that you will retain full copyright ownership, rights, and privileges for each post you make on this MB and the content therein, and you may reuse those posts in any way desired. If you wish to share information contained on this MB it is recommended to use a link to the site or to a specific thread. No thread or part of a thread containing posts by multiple authors may be copied and placed on any other website without specific written permission of the NAWCC message board administrator
- By contributing to this MB you agree to grant NAWCC a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable license for use of and the right to publish and distribute your postings for educational purposes. Such use includes threads or parts thereof containing your postings. Publication and distribution is limited to NAWCC's own publications now known or later developed, their own websites, or other media published or created by NAWCC. Further, NAWCC will exercise due caution to ensure your postings are not used out of context. You cannot withdraw or retract your postings or seek payments from NAWCC in relation to this license now or at any time in the future.
- NAWCC further agrees that it will not sell, transfer or license the right to copy and use threads from this MB to outside third parties.
- If an author desires to deny the automatic transfer of rights to NAWCC as described in paragraph 5 above he/she has the option to opt-out of the automatic license provision for any specific, single message posting or any individual image posted anywhere on this MB. If you wish to apply the opt-out, NAWCC requires the following sentence to be posted as the first paragraph of each specific post to which you wish the opt-out to apply: "Copyright solely with XYZ (real name of the author) reuse prohibited". The use of this sentence is not permitted in the automatic signature block. To apply the opt-out for any image posted to this MB, the same sentence must be embedded into each image.
- Any material protected by copyright (unless you are the owner) may not be posted on this MB without the express permission of the copyright owner. This includes reproducing the full text or substantial part of any written material such as news stories, articles, books, etc. It is acceptable to paraphrase other works; citing the original source whenever possible. It is permissible to mention or link to other websites that are of interest to users of this MB, so long as they do not violate our Forum Rules or the linked website's guidelines.
- Site administration of this MB is charged with enforcing this Copyright Notice, using their judgment.
Current Discussion: Main discussion
Discussion Status: Not open for further comments.