Zentra Low dome

Discussion in 'European & Other Pocket Watches' started by Britannicus, May 13, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Britannicus

Britannicus Registered User

Apr 26, 2016
    IT consultant
    Derby UK
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi All,

I'm in the UK and I have a very slim 1930's - so the hunter cover is very shallow.

My usual supplier of pocket watch crystals only does up to 40mm in Low Domes. Typically this is a 40.4mm :-( does anyone know of a supplier of decent price crystals who might be able to help - would prefer mineral, but will settle for Acrylic at a pinch.

I ordered a 40mm acrylic which has perfect curve - about 1mm at apex, but don't really want to do a ham fisted job by trying to pack the bezel out in some way had even contemplated gently warming it to see if I could get it to spread so I know I'm getting desperate.

P_20180513_121218.jpg

2. DaveyG

DaveyG Registered User

Mar 21, 2005
    Male
    Retired military aircraft engineer
    North Wales, UK
    Country Flag:
    CousinsUK do supply Sternkrauz hunter acrylic crystals up to 50mm (40.4 are available). You will find the stock list 'here'. I will check my stock of mineral crystals and see if I have one at the required diameter, but the heights of these crystals is all a bit finger in the wind. I'll PM you if I do.

3. Britannicus

Britannicus Registered User

Apr 26, 2016
    IT consultant
    Derby UK
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks Davey - much appreciated

4. DaveyG

DaveyG Registered User

Mar 21, 2005
    Male