Zenith Clock Information?

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by melikesclocks, Mar 27, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. It's Coming
    Tomorrow
  1. melikesclocks

melikesclocks Registered User

Feb 11, 2009
    Ohio
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello,I'm appealing to the forum members for information about the Zenith clock company. Searches on the forum and the web have yielded little, but I've got to think there is some more information (catalogs/advertisements maybe?) out there, especially from our European members. I know they they were in Le Locle, Switzerland, and were part of the Zenith watch manufacture. I know the neuchatel style clocks were made starting in the 40s/50s, but when did they end by Zenith? As the forum is an online repository of clock information, I think this would be a good place to pool our knowledge. I have a tandem wind clock. I know there is an R-11 movement with the "squirrel cage" escape wheel. Any other facts/figures/tech specs out there?Thanks,Eric

2. Kim St.Dennis Sr.

Kim St.Dennis Sr. Registered User
    NAWCC Member Deceased

Mar 20, 2003
    Male
    Clock Restorer
    Los Angeles
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I am pretty sure that the "Zenith Clock Co." never existed. But there is a Zenith Watch Co. still alive and well in Switzerland. See:
    http://www.zenith-watches.com/en/
    Watch companies have and still do issue clocks for sale under their brand name.

3. melikesclocks

Feb 11, 2009
    Ohio
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Yes, I've seen their website, but they make no mention of their clockmaking past. It's the same company, I've seen the star trademark on the back of the bracket shelves.

4. melikesclocks

Feb 11, 2009
    Ohio
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Here's the marking on the back of a Zenith clock.

Zenith mark.jpg

5. hoffmancapote

hoffmancapote Registered User

Oct 24, 2010
    Photographer
    Bridgenorth, United Kingdom
    Country Flag:
    The Zenith clock company did exist. They did make the French Boulle type of clock. The case is wood with painted and a glazed finish I believe they were a part of the Zentih watch company but were discontinued in the 1960s. I held one in my hands today in Bern Switzerland. The late has reserved it for me and I will buy it if I find a way of getting it back to England without damaging it.

6. Maren

Maren Registered User

Feb 22, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Zenith - dating:

ZENITHTABLICA.jpg

7. zedric

zedric Registered User

Aug 8, 2012
    Zenith put their name to a wide variety of clocks, including oak mantle clocks, neuchatel style mantle or bracket clocks and a wide variety of (often polychrome enamel) travelling or bedside clocks

8. Eniles

Eniles New Member

Mar 29, 2020
    Female
    Country Flag:
    I bought my clock in Basel in 1993 and paid SFrs. 3,925 for it. I ordered the decoration to be Apple Blossom. I subsequently read that Zenith had been sold to a German company. In 2007 I accessed www.goodday.ch (a flea market site) and was given a replacement cost for my clock as SFrs. 4,700. Hope that helps. I also have a Swiss watch repair shop in South Florida with whom I have done business.