Zenith Chronometers

Discussion in 'Chronometers' started by testguy, Oct 20, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. testguy

testguy Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 21, 2005
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I posted this in the forum "my newest clock acquisition." I am re-posting here in the hope I'll get more responses. These clocks were purchased and used by the Canadian Pacific Railway as Dispatcher Clocks. I am most interested in learning about the movements.
    Thanks
    Brian
    IMG_8363.JPG IMG_8362.JPG IMG_8361.JPG IMG_8360.JPG IMG_8358.JPG IMG_8359.JPG

tick talk likes this.
  2. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Very nice Brian, i really like all railway clocks. I have a ships clock, Zenith chronometer, i posted in the past.I will keep my eyes open though for more Swiss made railway clocks.

3. tick talk

tick talk Registered User

Sep 16, 2008
    Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Looking forward to seeing a photo of the movement in that Zenith Chronometer.

Kevin W. likes this.
  4. River rat

River rat Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 4, 2009
    You can get in contact with Zenith archive department and get a archive letter and get info on movement. You need photo's of movement and the clock or watch movement serial number link below.
    Extract from the Registers
    Below info I got from Zenith I had another Zenith I got less on all depends on the info they kept over the years. Was well worth the price on the info below I got.

DSC_0275.JPG scan 2.jpg scan 3.jpg

5. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have a couple of partial Zenith Chronometers that are very similar to the Waltham 8 day pieces. They were upgraded from Zenith travel clocks just like many of the Waltham Travel clocks were at the start of WWII. They both are signed for Vail Clock Co. of Chicago.