ZENITH C472W Alarm Clock Radio Touch'n Snooze need help!

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by 78Rus, Jun 17, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. 78Rus

78Rus New Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Saint-Petersburg
    Country Flag:
    Hi! I'm trying to fix zenith c472w-3 Alarm Clock Radio. I'm looking for any information how works the system "Touch 'n Snooze". I tried find any manual on the web but not found it.

Just two contacts built-in for mechanism and when I click snooze button it connect and start radio. I thought that there should be other way around. )

Apparently I just do not understand how to operate this mechanism was originally.

Who has such a watch, or just know, please write it here. THANKS!

2. eskmill

eskmill Registered User
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Region Flag:
    I suspect 78Rus, that you have two snoozing choices after the alarm sounds. One, nine or ten minutes of silence after which the alarm again sounds its "wake-up" sound or two, snooze along for a few minutes to the sound from the radio; news, weather, sports or soft music, you've pre-selected at the loudness you've set the volume control.

3. 78Rus

78Rus New Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Saint-Petersburg
    Country Flag:
    #3 78Rus, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
    I adding image with my clock.
    001.jpg

No other changes on the loudness dial. If i set alarm with roll dial (left) it works, until i set left hand to "off" position. If after i pressed snooze button (white on the top), it starts radio again until end of time.

And i not understand differences between position "auto, radio" and position "auto, radio, alarm".
    Control of the alarm by using only two pins. The situation on or off. If alarm tripped, it connected two pins and radio is ON. If i press SNOOZE button it connected two pins too and radio ON.

4. Scottie-TX

Scottie-TX Registered User
    Deceased

Apr 6, 2004
    Retired
    Mesquite, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    With Auto/Radio, expect to be awakened by radio only. With Auto/Radio/Alarm, expect to be awakened by radio followed by alarm after short time.

5. 78Rus

78Rus New Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Saint-Petersburg
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for the info. I has already sorted out. I wonder what the buzzer was electromechanical and works with the magnetic field motor. Very cool!

I would like to know that the model of the clock mechanism is used? In my copy was broken ring seconds. I have it restored but minutes are not moving smoothly. Need for some instructions or a scheme of this mechanism. Or pictures of the ring seconds.