Zeeland triple weight, triple chime Grandfather Clock

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by gmagic911x, Sep 3, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. It's Coming
    Tomorrow
  1. gmagic911x

gmagic911x Registered User

Sep 3, 2011
    I removed the weights and pendulum in order to move the clock. While reassembling, the middle chain dropped out. Do I install the chain so the weight is hanging on the left or right side of the sprocket wheel? Also, the left and right chains each have 2 holes through the horizontal wood piece. The center chain only has one hole. So when I reinstall the center chain, entry to the sprocket wheel and exit from it is through the single hole?

2. Willie X

Willie X Registered User

Feb 9, 2008
    gmag,

It will only work one way. Don't worry if you get it backwards. Only takes a few minutes to switch the hook and tail piece on the chain.

Willie X

3. gmagic911x

Sep 3, 2011
    Thanks. With a litttle tinkering I found out the wheel only turns counter clockwise. I think I can engage the chain by using needle nose pliers in one hand and a pencil in the other.

4. gmagic911x

Sep 3, 2011
    I gotterdone. I used some wire to pull the chain on to the wheel and then rotated the wheel until the chain was engaged.