You gotta believe

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by dweiss17, Apr 14, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    #1 dweiss17, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
    This will be my third post today on this NAWCC Message Board.

A few hours ago my doorbell rang, it was the man recommended by my knee doctor on April 9[SUP]th[/SUP] when I had the accumulated fluid drained from my knees and had a cortisone injection in each knee. It took a few days to do what it was touted to do…lessen the knee pain as I stand or walk with my metal walker that allows me to navigate the little world in which I must live due to cartilage loss in both knees.

Now fitted with these new braces called "Unloader One;" it should make a difference in my spirit and my overall feeling. As of this moment I'm wearing the new braces, I do feel somewhat freer in sitting or walking with them wrapped around my knees. Plus, I am scheduled for three weekly injections of some new form of hyaluronic acid made from rooster chicken combs starting April 28[SUP]th[/SUP].

Hopefully, with these new knee braces and the three scheduled knee injections it gives me pause for a great improvement in my locomotion - in the use of my knees in getting around. At this moment I have every confidence that between the new braces and the knee injections, my knees will feel much relief in the near future.

We often hear of medical miracles…perhaps, I will be able to brag that it happened to me.

2. Tyler K

Tyler K Registered User
    Student Member NAWCC

Oct 23, 2014
    Male
    North Canton, Ohio
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Congratulations Dan! I'm happy for you. I'm sure that your excited to see what happens! It must be nice after all these years to finally have a little relief. Maybe these braces and injections will help you so much that you could go to the next watch and clock show! Still... for 100 years old I think that you're doing pretty good!

3. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Amazing what they can do now! Great news, Dan!

4. David S

David S Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Male
    Professional Engineer - Retired
    Brockville, On Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    As a person who has pain relief by having both hips replaced, I sincerely hope that this works well for you Dan.

David