YM62 alarm with no sound

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by darlek, Nov 17, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. darlek

darlek Registered User

Apr 26, 2013
    My quartz knowledge is limited so when I was asked to repair a Pulsar chronograph (YM62-X229) I suggested I fit a new movement. This I did with no issues except the alarm has no sound. It sets correctly & all other functions work correctly. I noticed that with the YM62 there is no AC re-set but guessed what the re-set was or is there a correct way to re-set a YM62.
    Any help with this issue would be much appreciated.

2. darlek

darlek Registered User

Apr 26, 2013
    Since I put up this post I might have found the fault. In the case back is a disc & this disc is a piezo buzzer which actually gives the sound. Unfortunately when I fitted the new disc I glued it with epoxy glue. What I should have used was CONDUCTIVE GLUE as the case back completes the circuit.I will post if I have indeed solved the issue but waiting for the Piezo & connective glue.

3. dAz57

dAz57 Registered User

Dec 7, 2011
    watchmaker
    sydney Australia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The new pizeo disc generally has the glue already on the back, looks like a grid of fine dots, clean the back, then place the disc in the back, heat the back until the glue melts then hold the disc down with something the same diameter as the disc like the flat end of a dowel rod, hold it until it cools.

4. darlek

darlek Registered User

Apr 26, 2013
    Thanks dAz57 will try if the Piezo I have on order does not work. Waiting on a delivery from China !!!

5. darlek

darlek Registered User

Apr 26, 2013
    Sorry guys forgot to give the conclusion with this. I can just confirm the piezo disc was the issue and once fitted the problem was resolved.
    Thanks again for your help guys