Yellow Gold American Watch Co. Pocket Watch with stop watch

Discussion in 'American Pocket Watches' started by sheslittletex, Mar 2, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For the new NAWCC home page
    Click this image at the upper left corner of this page.
  1. sheslittletex

sheslittletex New Member

Mar 2, 2016
    Country Flag:
    Hi! This is my first time posting. I am working on transcribing a General Store Ledger Book from 1882-1883. There are several entries that are listed as "watch" with a price. One in particular stands out because the price is 10x as high as all the others. The museum that I am working for is in possession of an 18k Yellow Gold American Watch Co., closed face double dial chronograph timing watch. The stop watch movement is listed as H.A. Lugrin, patent in 1876, 77. What I am looking for is a way to possibly match this watch to the ledger entry based on the original retail sales prices of a watch like this, in 1882 or 1883. I know that current appraisal value, so I do not need that, just what it might have sold for back then. Thanks for any help you can give.

2. Jerry Treiman

Jerry Treiman Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Aug 25, 2000
    Geologist - California Geological Survey
    Los Angeles, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
  3. Ethan Lipsig

Ethan Lipsig Registered User
    NAWCC Gold Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Male
    80% Retired Attorney
    Pasadena
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #174 on the right hand side of the pages Jerry linked is a rattrapante with "split minutes." I've never heard of such a feature, unless it is just an odd way of describing a minute register. What is it?

4. sheslittletex

sheslittletex New Member

Mar 2, 2016
    Country Flag:
    Thank you, Jerry. This helps a lot! I am presenting my ledger book tonight, and this helps me put the watch into the ledger!