American PW www.watchrepairinfo.com Useful website?

sderek

Jan 8, 2009
USA
Country
Region
As may of you may know I'm the author of the "parts sources" sticky. I've also been working on a much more comprehensive website, namely www.watchrepairinfo.com It's a work in progress, but I'd love to hear some comments and suggestions. Please report broken links, or any other issues!

Many thanks!
Derek

Reactions: pmurphy

sderek

Jan 8, 2009
USA
Country
Region
I just added a pdf copy of the 1915 Elgin Master Catalog at my website (www.watchrepairinfo.com). Click hereSince the Elgin.org site is down, I'm not sure if it's hosted anywhere else online.
I also added the service manuals for the 214 and 218 Accutrons.
I'm taking requests. What else would you like to see?

Last edited:

Larry Treiman

Jan 18, 2009
So. Calif.
Derek, under the technical manuals and data sheet heading, the "Accutron" 500 and 505 Electrics are actually Hamilton 500 and 505 Electrics. [EDIT] The 500 reference came up immediately, but the 505 was taking so long to load up that I got impatient and gave up. I do have dial-up! Anyway, I think Bulova would probably appreciate your making the corrections. <];>)

Larry

Last edited:

sderek

Jan 8, 2009
USA
Country
Region
LOL. Thanks Larry! A gdo profreder Im not. Changes made. I also added a link to another site with a free download for the Hamilton Electric Repair Manual. I'm not sure if it will help those with slow internet connections (at 16Mb, it's a large file), but at least it's another option.

Last edited:

sderek

Jan 8, 2009
USA
Country
Region
I've just added all the dial refinishers and dial restoration companies I know of. I've also added a few more sources for swiss pocket watch parts.

sderek

Jan 8, 2009
USA
Country
Region
Derek Hadfield
I just posted 2 more valuable free resources on my website: The Esembl-ograf Chronograph Watch Course, and the G-S Crystal Catalog. The Esembl-O-graf series of books is a must-have resource if you repair vintage chronographs. They include detailed drawings, instructions and trouble-shooting.
The G-S catalog is a must have resource to help you find a fancy platic crystal for your vintage watch.
http:/www.watchrepairinfo.com

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Thanks Derek for the work you put in the web site i like it.

sderek

Jan 8, 2009
USA
Country
Region
Thanks Kevin. I plan on continuing to expand and add as much info as I can. I think it is already an excellent resource for those looking for suppliers of parts, crystals, case repair, dial refinishing, technical manuals, serial number lookup sites, etc.

sderek

Jan 8, 2009
USA
Country
Region
I just added another valuable free resource to the www.watchrepairinfo.com website. Clint Kleen has developed an Elgin parts list and cross reference. You need only type in the grade number, and you will be shown all the parts with their correct part numbers. Type in a part number, and you will be shown all the grades that used that particular part number. I've added it to the "American Pocket Watch Part", the "Technical Manuals and Data Sheets", and the "Misc" pages.

Reactions: Kevin W.

D.th.munroe

Feb 15, 2018
BC Canada
Country
Region
On my phone, for some reason it says the site is unsafe and bypassing that takes me to something called mixer for media istream.
Unless my phones chrome is hijacked.
Dan

svenedin

NAWCC Member
Jan 28, 2010
Surrey
Country
Region
Very useful. Thank you very much. I have found a potential source of mineral glasses for my pocket watches using your site.

Reactions: sderek

Dave Coatsworth

Senior Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Business
NAWCC Fellow
Sponsor
Feb 11, 2005
Camarillo, CA
www.daveswatchparts.com
Country
Region
On my phone, for some reason it says the site is unsafe and bypassing that takes me to something called mixer for media istream.
The site is not SSL secured, so it is considered 'not secure' by most browsers today. sderek would need to obtain a certificate to make that go away.

Reactions: sderek

Randy Beamer

Jul 5, 2011
Davenport Washington
Country
Region
As may of you may know I'm the author of the "parts sources" sticky. I've also been working on a much more comprehensive website, namely www.watchrepairinfo.com It's a work in progress, but I'd love to hear some comments and suggestions. Please report broken links, or any other issues!

Many thanks!
Derek
Thanks Chief. I'll add it to the "crystals" page.
Derek,
White's is a great company. I've used him a few times,...always top notch results.
You may want to take off the Dashto link under your crystals page? Tom retired and I'm pretty sure all of his remaining stock was bought out by Dave's watch parts.
Thanks !!

Randy

sderek

Jan 8, 2009
USA
Country
Region
Derek,
White's is a great company. I've used him a few times,...always top notch results.
You may want to take off the Dashto link under your crystals page? Tom retired and I'm pretty sure all of his remaining stock was bought out by Dave's watch parts.
Thanks !!

Randy
Will do. Thank you!

Reactions: Randy Beamer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pjb
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last page