Wristlet or pocket?

Hawk53

Dec 19, 2013
native Californian
Country
Region
I pick this watch up some time ago and have hit a roadblock. It apparently predates all the currently avail. records for Bulova and Westfield (who was owned by Bulova). Please feel free to take a look at the pics and give me your thoughts or observations. Here's what I have on the watch. Bulova signed dial, American Standard Watch case Co (a Bulova owned company), and the movement is a 15 jewel (at the time this was made was a higher grade movement than was avail for most Westfield watches) Westfield movement. There is no date code on the movement but has a "BV" for the movement model. BTW the "V" is a Roman numeral V with a line over and under. There is also another strange stamp on the movement that I've yet to figure out, and that's a triangle with the number "22" inside the triangle. Please take a look at the pics and give me your thoughts.
PS. so far we're pretty sure this is pre 1921. BW POCKET4.JPG BW POCKET8.JPG Bulova_BII_DELTA_1.jpg BW POCKET6.JPG BW POCKET1.JPG BW POCKET.JPG

RON in PA

NAWCC Member
May 18, 2005
S.E. PA
Country
Region
Since the case is marked "Warranted 25 years" it was made prior to !/!/1924. The movement looks Swiss to me, but your pictures are too fuzzy. Assuming it's a small watch I'd agree it was meant as a wristlet.

Squite

Jun 26, 2012
Seattle, WA, USA
Country
Region
Could just as easily be a lapel/pendant watch. The pendant could be worn right-side up on a chain, but if worn on the lapel, would almost certainly be worn upside down pinned to the lapel from the bottom loop so it could be read by the wearer without handling it. And it's definitely Swiss, the dual-language adjustment index is readable (F/S English, A/R French)

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region
I am moving this to the Wrist Watch Forum because it is not a American Pocket watch.

You need better close up pictures for additional help.

Thanks.

bobbee53

Banned
May 6, 2012
Cossethay, Derbyshire, England.
Country
This watch is a multi-purpose one.
The bracelet could be removed completely so it could be kept in the ladies purse, unhooked at the bottom and hung from the lapel, or used as a "wristlet".
Probably dates to 1917-1920.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisWinston
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller