• For those of you who were having issues connecting to the Forums, it turns out that our modem was not functioning properly. We have replaced it now and the connection to the Forums has been restored. Thank you for your patience.
  • For those of you who were having issues connecting the Forums it turns out that our modem was not functioning properly. We have replaced it now and the connection to the Forums has been restored. Thank you for your patience.

Wrist Watch Info Request

Texi777

Feb 5, 2017
Country
I have a wrist watch with UNADJUSTED MIYOTA CO. JAPAN - NO JEWELS on the inside & PUR60563W / SR626SW on the battery cover.
Thanks in advance for any info.
(It would not let me post photos, sorry )

doug sinclair

Aug 27, 2000
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Region
Welcome,

None of the information you have given is of any help at all in answering any questions you might have. Among the Miyota movements that use that cell is the Miyota 2035, and the 2115. This is a common quartz movement. There are other Miyota movements that use that cell as well. Take a magnified look at the movement for a model number, and get back to us. In order to post a picture, there is a sticky near the top of the main message board page that can help. We work best with pictures! The same instructions are available on the main Wrist Watch forum page where you started your search.

doug sinclair

Aug 27, 2000
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Region
That looks to me like a Miyota 2035. You don't show the watch, so I am unable to tell you anything about it. If it has a calendar, then I believe it is possibly a 2115. Nothing special about the movement. I very much doubt anybody services them since the movement alone can be purchased for around $5.00, or less if a quantity are purchased. What do you want to know anout it? These movements are often found in watches that aren't cheap! Maybe we can help further if you show a picture of the watch, and ask specific questions. But bear in mind that you can't turn a sow's ear into a silk purse!

glenhead

NAWCC Member
Nov 15, 2009
Williamson County, Texas
Country
Region
According to a quick Google search, it's a Puritan 60563W quartz watch. At one time it was available at Walmart.

The SR626SW is the kind of battery it takes; the Maxell equivalent of a Renata 377.

Miyota is a very common brand of quartz movement. Somewhere (on the side of the movement you can see) there will be another series of numbers, probably four digits. It will likely be molded into the plastic, and may be under the battery.

[Edit] - It's definitely in the M20xx series. Tell us how many hands it has and whether it has a day or date display and we can get a specific movement model, or at least narrow it down to three. If that will help.

The thing with 197S printed on the side is the capsule containing the quartz crystal.

What else did you want to know?

Glen

Last edited:

roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
Country
Region
That looks to me like a Miyota 2035. You don't show the watch, so I am unable to tell you anything about it. If it has a calendar, then I believe it is possibly a 2115. Nothing special about the movement. I very much doubt anybody services them since the movement alone can be purchased for around $5.00, or less if a quantity are purchased. What do you want to know anout it? These movements are often found in watches that aren't cheap! Maybe we can help further if you show a picture of the watch, and ask specific questions. But bear in mind that you can't turn a sow's ear into a silk purse!
I've got boxes full of them from my predecessor. Most of them only need a service. They take less time than a Rolex to service. The shop charges $60 to service them. There are customers who will pay that because these are one of the best quartz movements that Citizen ever made.

Solomon

NAWCC Member
Jan 7, 2021
Boise
Country
Region
This thread was a wild ride, wow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elgin113