World's most beautiful horses

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by dweiss17, Aug 26, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    Happened to run across pictures of horses. According to all information posted...as pure horseflesh
    the Clydesdale breed are the most beautiful of horses.

Never seeing one in the flesh...this picture of horse and foal is proof of their beauty. and heritage.

Attached Files:

2. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    automotive warranty inspector
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    What about Lippizans? beautiful show horses.

3. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    Richiec:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...while the Clydesdale looks as brute strength, this Lipizzaner horse is magnificent with a more beautiful feminine look.

I am no judge of horseflesh but they are sure more interesting than the common draft horse or the racing horses that competes in races like the Kentucky Derby or the Triple Crown.

Attached Files:

4. the 3rd dwarve

the 3rd dwarve Registered User

Nov 3, 2000
    The Hallamore heavy hauling and rigging co. in Massachusetts has an eight horse Clydesdale hitch towing a 5 ton Studebaker wagon that was built for them in 1899. They have it out at parades and expositions here in New England.

Budweiser, Merrimack, NH also has an eight horse Clydesdale hitch that tows a Studebaker wagon. They are always out showing off but even if eight are out there are six more at home in the stables. If you're in NH stop by and take the tour. Most people think the stables are the best part of the tour.

The beauty of these magnificent beasts is increased geometrically when you see all eight of them in their show tack pulling in unison.
    D~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMaNOnHOIbk

5. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    Thank you for posting this wonderful video of these Clydesdale magnificent horses pulling the wagon. One should stop to think how brilliant and beautiful the scene is of these eight horses in absolute unity going through their paces at the Fair. I am almost sure in my early youth in Philadelphia...I saw the Budweiser Clydesdale doing their thing.

Thanks again, it was a joy to watch every minute of this eight horse hitch doing their thing in unison...just GREAT!!!