Working on 3 postclocks

Discussion in 'Tower, Monumental & Street Clocks' started by le arsi, May 30, 2009.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. le arsi

le arsi Registered User

Jul 7, 2008
    Watchmaker,tower clockmaker, watch repair teacher/
    Philippines
    Country Flag:
    I'm making 6 movements and 6 dials size 1 meter in diameter to be installed in 3 postclocks back to back dials with backlighting. The project is due to install in June 15 in the southern part of the Philippines. Here is one of the pic hope you like it. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. le arsi

le arsi Registered User

Jul 7, 2008
    Philippines
    Country Flag:
    The post design

Here's the design of an architect that contracted me to make 6 clock movements for this 3 posts. After the installation I'll post some pics of the site and the finished project. Thank you to all!:)

Attached Files:

3. le arsi

le arsi Registered User

Jul 7, 2008
    Philippines
    Country Flag:
    Tomorrow is our travel by sea...

here in the picture I check the automatic night control switch for the 3 units with 6 dials back to back. All are set now having the clocks placed in 3 crates. We hope that the weather for tomorrows travel is fine. Please expect more pictures after the installation. Thank you very much.

Attached Files:

4. harold bain

harold bain Registered User
    NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks, for sharing, le arsi. Looking forward to seeing the completed project.:thumb:

5. le arsi

le arsi Registered User

Jul 7, 2008
    Philippines
    Country Flag:
    Re: Clocks installed

I have just returned home finishing the clocks installation and here are the pictures. You can see in one of the pictures the owner requested as to add arabic nos. Also picture taken at night with the clock's lights on. The location is a 3-day trip with a ferry and more than 1 hour by plane from Manila, the capital of the Philippines. Hope you enjoy seeing it, thank you.

Attached Files:

6. harold bain

harold bain Registered User
    NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Great looking clocks. Are they controlled by a single electronic master clock?

7. le arsi

le arsi Registered User

Jul 7, 2008
    Philippines
    Country Flag:
    Yes Harold, every post with 2 dials and 2 movements is controlled with master clock controller that I designed myself. It uses a microcontroller chip and a quartz oscillator that I made to vibrate at a rate of +2 minutes per year and it has a back up power supply that in time of switching during power failure the chain division in the frequency are not affected.:)