Woodworks Identification

Discussion in 'Wood Movement Clocks' started by Bob Langer, Jun 17, 2005.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bob Langer

Bob Langer Guest

I recently found a woodworks clock. The movement and hands appear to be Terry style. The manufacturer or distributor was L.F. Comstock of Plymouth, Connecticut. This is my first woodworks and I am not familiar with L.F.Comstock. Any help or information would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Bob Langer

Bob Langer Guest

I recently found a woodworks clock. The movement and hands appear to be Terry style. The manufacturer or distributor was L.F. Comstock of Plymouth, Connecticut. This is my first woodworks and I am not familiar with L.F.Comstock. Any help or information would be appreciated. Thanks!

3. Hi Bob, In Roberts & Taylor's "Eli Terry & the Connecticut Shelf Clock, L.F. (LaFayette) Comstock was in Plymouth, Ct. c. 1842, no source was listed as to who suppied them movements. You may want to see if you can ID the movement from "NAWCC Bulletin # 208 - Wood Movement Identification" by Snowden Taylor.

Regards,
    Jim
    My Collection

4. Skier

Skier Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Hello Bob,

I also found a listing for L. F. Comstock in the book, "The American Clock" by William H. Distin and Robert Bishop.

L.F. Comstock is listed as a clockmaker c 1830.

Good luck in finding more information.

Skier