Wooden works clock

Discussion in 'Wood Movement Clocks' started by Robertsclocks, Oct 6, 2002.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Robertsclocks

Robertsclocks Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Hi folks
    I am restoring an early American made clock (pre civil war) made by Chauncey Boardman and Joseph A. Wells, Bristol,Conn. It is similar to the Chauncey Jerome clocks that have the weights suspended by a pulley system on the sides of the cabinet.
    The problem is that the works are wooden. The strike chain great gear has a broken tooth.
    I am looking for a clockmaker that has the capability of repairing wooden works clocks.
    Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    My email is Robertsclocks31@cs.com . Bob

Edited to make the email address live.

[This message has been edited by Phil Schilke (edited 10-07-2002).]

2. Robertsclocks

Robertsclocks Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Hi folks
    I am restoring an early American made clock (pre civil war) made by Chauncey Boardman and Joseph A. Wells, Bristol,Conn. It is similar to the Chauncey Jerome clocks that have the weights suspended by a pulley system on the sides of the cabinet.
    The problem is that the works are wooden. The strike chain great gear has a broken tooth.
    I am looking for a clockmaker that has the capability of repairing wooden works clocks.
    Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    My email is Robertsclocks31@cs.com . Bob

Edited to make the email address live.

[This message has been edited by Phil Schilke (edited 10-07-2002).]

3. jacks61fd

jacks61fd Registered User

Jul 2, 2002
    Male
    Retired Police officer
    Ocala Florida
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Bob if you go to nawcc home page and click on EMART then go to services their is someone their who advertises the repair and restoration of wood movements- a number of people advertise in the regular mart - John Bruno being one of the best- but one tooth is not a real difficult repair to do your self-- you can cut down into the wheel and put in a piece of matching wood and file the tooth to shape

4. P Gorman

P Gorman Guest

Bob,
    Contact Don Bruno don bruno
    315 Pineridge Rd Torrington CT 06790
    Phone: 860-489-7158.
    He Repairs, Restores and Supplies Parts for Wooden Works. Have had several good experiences working with him. Paul

Edited to correct the URL

[This message has been edited by Phil Schilke (edited 10-25-2002).]