Wondering how old this clock is...

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by hghtsinger, Mar 24, 2009.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. hghtsinger

hghtsinger New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    On Disability
    Pittsburgh PA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I was given a beautiful mantel/Shelf clock by my Mother-n-Law. It came from her parents house and she did not know how far back it dated. She thought it was broken until I plugged it in to hear the most beautiful Westminster Chimes! Here are the details I have been able to get from the clock. Just under the 12 it says Imperial. Just above the 6 it says Westminster Chimes and along the bottom It says Imperial Clock Co. Highland IL USA
    Inside the back of the clock it has Synchron and gives a patent # 2296-373 ANon the right and 2 or 3 other groups of numbers on the right. It is hard to make out the numbers because they are so small.
    I need to know if this clock should be insured and would appriciate all help!

Attached Files:

2. harold bain

harold bain Registered User
    NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi, Hghtsinger, welcome to the message board. Nice looking clock. The Info I have for the Imperial clock company indicates they were in business from 1909-1960. They moved to Highland in 1936, so your clock is after that. Electric clocks tend to be undervalued, so I don't think you need to worry about a separate insurance policy on it.