American Wolverine boot clock

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by snaveej, Oct 30, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. snaveej

snaveej New Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Country Flag:
    Hey all and thanks for having me on your site. I have this Wolverine Boot clock, I have had it for decades and I got it from my parents back in the late 60's. It worked when I got it and displayed it on my bedroom wall for a few years until it started making a bad grinding noise when at that point I decided to unplug it and give it a rest. I survived many years of moves and storage until recently when I decided to get it working and once again display it in my home. So all that said can anyone tell me anything about this clock? I do know what the clock was made for (advertising) but maybe what year and also if you all have seen any others around. I have no interest in selling this piece so value is of no concern to me. Thanks in advance!

- - - Updated - - -

Ooops, here is a pic of the clock.

412892835.jpg

2. davefr

davefr Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Semi Retired Engr. Mgr - Currently Rebuilding Tele
    Oregon
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Your clock was probably made in the 50's/60's by either Pam or Telechron. It should be in fine print right under the 6. There were a gazillion different advertising clocks similar to yours. They're very collectible and it seems like the ones with graphics/product pictures (like yours) are more collectible then ones with just text.

My advice is to proudly display the running clock but I wouldn't keep the lighting on 24/7. Even though the bulbs are (or should be 15 watts/ea) they will generate quite a bit of heat that can accelerate oxidation of the oil in the motors. Maybe consider using LED bulbs.

Make sure you hang it securely and be careful working on it. If the glass with the advertising get's broken the value of the clock goes "poof".