Wolf Jahn Turns, help with missing bits

fuseefan

Dec 28, 2007
Country
Hello All,

I recently bought a Wolf Jahn turns. It is missing some parts and I would like to get it working.I am quite unfamiliar with this tool and have only seen pictures in books.

Could anyone help me out with what is missing? Any pictures, drawings etc would greatly help. I am planning to get the missing bits fabricated/ machined. Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards

Aditya

Attachments

Per G

Jan 9, 2007
Aditya,

Drop me a mail off the board and I will send you a pdf that might be helpful.

cheers,
Per

Dr. Jon

NAWCC Member
Dec 14, 2001
New Hampshire
Country
Region
You have a standard Geneva style lathe bed. It looks like turns because you have two tail stocks. Yon fit any lathe accesoory for that style lathe made by Wolf Jahn or Lorch. The head stocks take 6 mm collets.

These lathes often come with Jacot tool like accessories, wihch is what you have. You can use it as a set of turns but you can any and ll other Geneval style Lathe parts.

fuseefan

Dec 28, 2007
Country
Thank you for the info and tips Toolhi & Dr. Jon,

I will keep my eyes open for the parts. Nothing would be better than locating a head stock, countershaft etc. to turn this into a lathe.

For the moment, however, I am planning to make the parts to use it as a turns. I have got no experience in turning, so that will be good practice!!

Aditya

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clockman1965
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller