WM. L. Gilbert movement (1910+?)

Discussion in 'Clock Repair' started by Mario O HONL, Sep 15, 2020 at 2:38 AM.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mario O HONL

Mario O HONL New Member

Jun 29, 2020
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Hello,
    Well, as a novice I have following challenging task for all masters:
    Q: Am I correct that on the included pic of WM.L. Gilbert clock's movement is something missing (e.g. pendulum spring...)? Thanks for help and cheers, Mario (senior with a brand new hobby)

WM.L. GILBERT movement.jpg

2. JTD

JTD Registered User

Sep 27, 2005
    Welcome to the board.

The suspension spring is the top part of the pendulum rod, which you show lying next to the clock. It attaches to the top bracket (in slit between the two chops) and the rod passes down through the little loop at the bottom. Then you hang the bob on the hook.

JTD

3. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    North Carolina
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    It should have a dimple on the spring, or a small hole where a wire can be inserted to keep it in place. It also should be straight. If it has broken, you can get replacements at most of the regular suppliers. leeinv66 would be able to tell you who the best supplier for your area would be.

4. Mario O HONL

Mario O HONL New Member

Jun 29, 2020
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Hi,
    Thanks to all of you who responded to my enquiry, well done. I certainly hope that after my knowledge build-up, I'll will be also able to help others. Cheers, Mario:)