• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

Wm Frame From Larkhall Scotland

gordon

Mar 7, 2007
Canton, Michigan 48187
Country
Hello All

Brought the tall case in the attached photos home tonight, It is the first old clock I have purchased in a long time.

Well at an estate sale I was looking at a different clock, could not agree on a price on that one. But the person running the estate sale asked If I would look at the clock in the photos to provide and value for. Not my strong suit. I like to repair clocks.

So, I showed a friend that knows values better then me. I relayed the information to the sales people and thought I wold not be considered as the estimated value was way less then the sales person was hoping for. But, I got a call yesterday asking if I wanted the clock. So I offered a little less then the low end of the estimate my friend provided. My low offer was accepted.

The dial is signed Wm Frame from Larkhall Scotland. IMG_1423.JPG So far I have only found information on Wikipedia (Link William Frame - Wikipedia ).

IMG_1421.JPG

Last edited:

jmclaugh

Jun 1, 2006
Devon
Country
Region
He is listed in Loomes but with no dates other than succeeded by Thomas Frew 1894. Sounds like you got a good deal on it. If you ignore the wiki entry and dates for Mr. Frame it looks a typical 19th C Scottish painted dial longcase with a nicely inlaid case circa 1840-70.

gordon

Mar 7, 2007
Canton, Michigan 48187
Country
Hello All

Thank you for the kind replies. No I was not asking any real questions.

I am happy to have this clock. While I have many clocks this is one is older. To me it looks to be similar to one that other collectors might appreciate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidEckman
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-