Wishful thinking

Love clocks

Jun 10, 2019
Country
Brass Grandfather 3.jpg Brass Tower 2.jpg Brass Tower 3.JPG Brass Tower 4.jpg

We have just purchased the clock in pictures 1 and 3. It appears to be missing a top finial however, similar I suspect to those in pictures 2 and 4. It is purely wishful thinking but would anyone have anything similar lying around that they'd be happy to sell? Have toured most of our local antique/second hand dealers but can't quite find something suitable.

zedric

NAWCC Member
Aug 8, 2012
Country
Region
Looks like another interesting purchase - what is written on the plaque? It might help if you gave us an idea of the scale of the clock - are you looking for the domed section, or just a finial? The Qld and NSW clock clubs have email lists for parts requests, depending on where you are based..

Love clocks

Jun 10, 2019
Country
Looks like another interesting purchase - what is written on the plaque? It might help if you gave us an idea of the scale of the clock - are you looking for the domed section, or just a finial? The Qld and NSW clock clubs have email lists for parts requests, depending on where you are based..
Hi, thanks for your reply. Clock is 50cm high and 21cm wide at base. Think it needs the whole dome section which sits on a 6cm square.

I'm in SA and as far as I know we don't have a clock club. Having said that, I've never really looked into it.

The plaque is inscribed "presented to the Reverend D Martin on the occasion of his marriage by friends connected with the Congregational Church of Southhampton inty 1894.

Brass Grandfather 10.jpg

I was extremely bad and didn't include a picture of the mechanism for all you clock enthusiasts. Now remedied!

Les harland

Apr 10, 2008
Hertfordshire England
Country
Region

Love clocks

Jun 10, 2019
Country
Going slightly off topic the Church still exists

Yes, I saw this when I was researching the clock and the Rev it was given to. Love it when there is a story behind them.

Love clocks

Jun 10, 2019
Country
Brass Grandfather 11.jpg

Found one on the web! Ours is missing the done and top finial if anyone may have something to suit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Billraffy
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller