Winterthur

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by ScotSun, May 29, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ScotSun

ScotSun Registered User

Nov 28, 2017
    Male
    Computers
    Newark, DE
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    My daughter had her Master's graduation at the University of Delaware this weekend. As part of our family weekend, we went to Winterthur which was a property owned by the duPont family. One of the owners collected A LOT of antiques and I snapped a few pics. If you happen to be in the Wilmington area, I highly recommend a visit...These were on the 7th floor and you have to sign up for a tour to access them...My apologies for the poor photography, I did not have much time at each as the guide insisted we all keep together...There were more up there that I did not get pics of than those that I did...

IMG_5669.jpg IMG_5671.jpg IMG_5672.jpg IMG_5677.jpg IMG_5678.jpg IMG_5680.jpg IMG_5681.jpg IMG_5682.jpg IMG_5683.jpg IMG_5684.jpg

2. ScotSun

ScotSun Registered User

Nov 28, 2017
    Male
    Computers
    Newark, DE
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Last four that the forum software would not let me attach with the rest...

IMG_5685.jpg IMG_5686.jpg IMG_5687.jpg IMG_5688.jpg

3. rmarkowitz1_cee4a1

rmarkowitz1_cee4a1 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Country Flag:
    One of the great collections of Americana in general & gardens.

A visit is on my bucket list.

RM

4. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    For those interested, this post from last year contains a link to a NY Times article on Winterthur and a link to a December 1979 Bulletin article on the same. The bulletin article, of course, is available only to NAWCC members signed into the nawcc.org.

Aaron Willard Bracket Clock - Winterthur Reproduction