Winding Stem Replacement?

NoraE

Jul 26, 2020
Country
I've got a silveroid Keystone 12s watch case with a sloppy winding stem. I'm thinking that the stem shouldn't be tapered as it is, but am not sure. The sleeve looks to be fine. Could someone please tell me what I'm looking at? If it is in fact worn past it's serviceable life, I have no idea what to look for for a replacement part number or size.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

20201019_163302.jpg 20201019_163555.jpg

richiec

NAWCC Member
Feb 24, 2007
Brick, Ocean, NJ
Country
Region
I believe that taper is normal, not worn at all. When you pull the stem out, it rides over the short protrubance and locks above the larger protrubence, when you push it back it in, it rides over the taper on the small protrubence and locks above it.You more likely have a weak sleeve, examine the sleeve by unscrewing it from the case and look for bent or broken parts.

Reactions: NoraE

NoraE

Jul 26, 2020
Country
You more likely have a weak sleeve, examine the sleeve by unscrewing it from the case and look for bent or broken parts.
Unscrewing it from the case is how I got the stem out. :) There doesn't appear to be any physical damage to the sleeve. It has a positive click in both directions, but wile in the setting position it has a lot of side slop. How would I determine the size of sleeve needed should I decide to try another one in the future?

Our 2021 National Meeting in Hampton Roads Virginia
Topic related ad experiment
Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuzzy
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions