• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Wilbur's Winder

David B Pendley

NAWCC Business
Aug 25, 2000
Country
Region
:)Hi Has anyone heard of these before? Just wondering about it I'll post 2 photos to help id it. Thanks.

David B Pendley

NAWCC Business
Aug 25, 2000
Country
Region
:)Hi Has anyone heard of these before? Just wondering about it I'll post 2 photos to help id it. Thanks.

M

mrb

i have one, i collect tools as well as use them. the one fault with this one is the use of set screws to secure the winding arbor while working the spring. the square is often indented by the set screws and must be refinished. The set screw setup takes more time than the chuck types.

eskmill

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Deceased
Aug 24, 2000
Region
Wilbur's clock mainspring winders show up occasionally. They were produced in small quantities by my late friend, J. Wilbur Spears about 1980. Several suppliers offered them at about a hundred dollars.

binman

Nov 16, 2011
Chatham England
Country
Region
I have one of those came with 10 receivers, also two brass fat washers, but they aren't shown in the diagram, they slip on the lower shaft, which has a flat on the end, they have an Allen key grub screw in them that would clamp to the lower bar that the hooks go on, what are they for?

Rob Martinez

NAWCC Member
May 3, 2013
Country
I assume its just me but I am not seeing the pictures of this winder.... did you actually post the pictures - cause if so I need to check into my error here....

David S

NAWCC Member
Dec 18, 2011
Brockville, On Canada
Country
Region
This is an eleven year old thread, so perhaps the photos are long gone.

David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lpgp
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent