Widows and a widower

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by dweiss17, Oct 10, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    #1 dweiss17, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
    Eleven women versus one male. Today at brunch that was the score. Me in one booth…three women in the booth in front of mine; six women in a booth opposite that both, and two women in a booth across my left shoulder.

All these women were elderly, I imagine widows, their husbands in another world. Yet, it is remarkable how women get together to commiserate with one another. You will seldom, if ever, see that amount of men get together to enjoy a meal and talk about whatever they talk about.

Me, I was married twice (if you call it that) my first marriage was illegal. The pretty girl I married was not free to marry anyone. Three years later I found papers that revealed this woman was not free to marry…she still had a divorce from her first husband pending. No matter, I still had to go through a lot of legal stuff to get the marriage annulled.

My second marriage (to another pretty girl) lasted two weeks short of thirty nine years. Evelyn accompanied me to many of our NAWCC meetings, regionals and conventions. It was a fruitful, happy marriage, though we never had any offspring. I regret that, but six-seven months later as a widower I adopted two cats. Frankie Weiss and the first Johnnie…this was joy in a life that had become dull with Evelyn's loss.

Getting back to eleven women versus one man…at my age, I have outlived both former wives…I'm positive none of the eleven women were older than in their early or middle eighties or younger…in sixty one days I will have reached my 99[SUP]th[/SUP] birthday and plan to have a shindig for my 100 years of life, December 11, 2015.

Even today…I am fairly sure…I am the second oldest member ever of the National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors. Come December 11[SUP]th[/SUP] next year, I will be the second NAWCC member to ever reach 100 years of life. That's quite a goal to strive for.

2. burt

burt Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Male
    police officer (ret.)
    McKees Rocks,Pa.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi Danny,

100 huh? Ok........I'll drink to that! and you know what I'll have. ;)

burt

3. FDelGreco

FDelGreco Registered User
    NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Member Sponsor

Aug 28, 2000
    Male
    Retired chemical engineer
    Novelty, OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Dan:

Inb the meantime, you could be dating eleven different women (perhaps some at the same time). But then, you might not make it to 100! <grin>

Frank

4. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    Frank:

I cannot commit bigamy. I am married to my magnificently, beautiful female cat Johnnie II.

None of the eleven women I mentioned earlier could hold a candle to Johnnie II's beauty.

Besides, I am a one-female man and do not stray. Johnnie II is secure with the thought of my righteous manner.

5. harold bain

harold bain Registered User
    NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Dan, I think you are just too lazy to break a new one inNutjob:cyclops:.