Who made this Tiffany 10 size pocket watch movement?

Discussion in 'European & Other Pocket Watches' started by robert black, Sep 4, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new home of the NAWCC Message Board
    We are glad to see you have found us Guest. If you like what you find here, please let your friends know about us.
  1. robert black

robert black New Member

Sep 4, 2017
  2. John Pavlik

John Pavlik Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 30, 2001
    Based on the lower balance cock and the rear dial signature among other features, my limited experience, I would say the movement was made by Patek Phillip for Tiffany .. If It is a
    Patek, The Serial number is from the approx 1900 time frame..

3. robert black

robert black New Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I thought so too, based on the balance potance , but I can't find an exact match.

4. Bryan Eyring

Bryan Eyring Registered User
    NAWCC Member Donor

Dec 11, 2007
    John is probably right

I would definitely apply for an extract - that is the correct serial range for a Patek with that plate layout

5. Thor Bill

Thor Bill Registered User

May 4, 2009
  6. robert black

robert black New Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Thank you all! What is an "extract"? Will Patek authenticate it?

7. Dr. Jon

Dr. Jon Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 14, 2001
    An extract is copy from their books on a watch with this serial number that matches teh description of the watch. They only issue it if they believe the match is valid. Most collectors regard this an an authentication but these are issued with fine print, limiting their liability.

My opinion is that the overall style and the layout of the lower balance is sufficient to identify it as Patek Philippe.