• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center will reopen starting Wednesday, January 6, 2021 as per Governor Wolf's reopening mandate.

Who made this one?

Burkhard Rasch

NAWCC Member
Jun 1, 2007
Twistringen
Country
Region
Got this for the starting bid,nobody else seemed to be interested.It´s a nice kickwind,the mainspring is a long spiral
spreading through the whole mvmt and being twisted around the shaft of the "first wheel" when the contact is closed.Pin pallet esc.,fine two arm uncompensated ballance,the roller "jewel" of steel,double width,so in my counting 8 jewels allthough signed 7 jewels 69c,no maker´s mark nor logo.Case in cast brass,running strongly after cleaning and oiling.Enjoy!
Burkhard

Attachments

Typ1-2-3

Oct 13, 2010
Germany
Country
Hi Burghard

I think, it is a movement of EMES, Müller-Schlenker in Germany, perhaps of the 60's. I had repaired that kind of movements in the 70's, as I was a learner of Watch- and Clockmakers. This movements weren't seldom, but if You can repaired this movements, they were runnig a lot of time.

Frank

Wynen

Jan 21, 2009
Country
Region
Hello Burkhard,
The clock is made by "Europa Uhrenfabrik Senden GmbH" (Trademark "Deluxe"), the movement is EMES W68 or W69 as Frank stated correctly.

Hartmut

Burkhard Rasch

NAWCC Member
Jun 1, 2007
Twistringen
Country
Region
Thanks to both of You!
Burkhard

Watchfixer

Jun 11, 2011
Country
Region
This movement is kienzle german made. The problem is pivot bushings worn out and buff the electrical contact kicker. Otherwise rebuild it or replace for quartz movement.

Cheers, Watchfixer