Who made this one

jacob

Mar 17, 2007
Kelowna BC, Canada
Country
Region
The wall clock is of very good quality. Case has beveled glass. Movement has 155 x 130 mm. plates, plate thickness 3.5 mm. On the backplate : 43 and 345814. No other markings.
It feels Gustav Becker-ish? Appreciate any info you have.
Gratefull, R095WS Front.jpg Jacob R095WS  Back.jpg

Andy Dervan

Gibbs Literary Award
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Member
Oct 23, 2002
Country
Region
Hello Jacob,

Gustav Becker company would have signed their movements. However, sometimes company made movements and considered them "seconds" although there might nothing really wrong with them and decided to sell them unsigned or possibly some other company needed movements and purchased a lot from Becker.

It would be interesting comparing to similar signed Gustav Becker.

There were many German movement makers in the time period who made high quality movements like this. 43 might be the pendulum length in cm.

Andy Dervan

John Hubby

Senior Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Life Member
Sep 7, 2000
The Woodlands, TX
Country
Region
The wall clock is of very good quality. Case has beveled glass. Movement has 155 x 130 mm. plates, plate thickness 3.5 mm. On the backplate : 43 and 345814. No other markings.
It feels Gustav Becker-ish? Appreciate any info you have.
Gratefull, Jacob
I have no idea who the maker might be, but as Andy says there is no Becker logo stamp and as of this writing I have not found any "unsigned" Becker movements other than a few 400-Day movements they made for Andreas Huber in 1922. "IF" Becker did sell unsigned 'factory seconds', none of them have shown up in the more than 5,000 examples I now have documented. Finally, this movement has no resemblance to any known Becker three-train movement.

Someone else who has knowledge of this movement design will have to identify who made it.

jacob

Mar 17, 2007
Kelowna BC, Canada
Country
Region
Thanks foryour replies Andy Dervan and John Hubby.
Afterposting the movement question I worked on the rusty 5 rod gong. This is anEMBE, which was a trademark of Mathias Bauerle from St Georgen in the Black Forest. Could my clock be his product, ordid they make only gongs for others?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
4CindyP
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller