1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jayke

Jayke Registered User

Aug 7, 2017
    Office worker for small autoshop
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Good day folks. If anyone has read any of my previous threads you know that this is a part of what has become an unexpected saga for an antique French mantle clock I bought that the USPS damaged in transit.

This mantle clock has an alabaster face. Thanks to our ever vigilant taxpayer subsidized national courier it is now cracked completely in half. As one member warned me of, I'm now having trouble collecting the money owed on the insurance the seller took out. They want an estimate for repairs. Finding a clock repairman near me is not all that troublesome. Finding someone who can replace the alabaster dial is entirely another animal.

Does anyone know of a clock maker who I could reach out to in order to have the dial replaced?

Thanks as always for being here for schmucks like me guys!

Dial, obverse, outside bezel.JPG

2. the 3rd dwarve

the 3rd dwarve Registered User

Nov 3, 2000
    Hi Jayke,

I would go to a local granite counter top shop. They have the equipment to cut the stone and may have a source for the alabaster itself. If not, they may be able to point you to someone who can do the work for you. Once you get the blank cut and polished any good craftsman should be able to drill the holes and apply the numerals.

Good luck,

D~

3. Jayke

Jayke Registered User

Aug 7, 2017
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thank you 3rd dwarve. I've actually been in contact with a few. That was my first thought. One is going to put it to one of his employees who was described as "artistic," but thus far the others that I have contacted have provided the reactionary equivalent to "Whohhhhh! Oh no no no no no no no."

4. the 3rd dwarve

the 3rd dwarve Registered User

Nov 3, 2000
    Hi Jayke,

I have bought alabaster from Colorado for projects before. Maybe they can help you.

D~

Colorado Alabaster Supply

Colorado Alabaster Supply
    P. O. Box 548
    Fort Collins, CO 80522

Phone/Fax:
    (970) 221-0723

Jayke likes this.
  5. Jayke

Jayke Registered User

Aug 7, 2017
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I JUST finally got my password to successfully reset! Thank you so much for your reply!