Whitehall Hammond clock

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by jeff geddes, May 19, 2004.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. jeff geddes

jeff geddes Registered User

Feb 1, 2002
    Hi,I am a NAWCC member, but this is my first old electric clock. I usually only handle mechanical movements, but a good friend of mine asked me if I wold look at this one to suprise his wife. It was her mother's. After taking it apart it was apparent that it was the fiber gear that was the problem and it became chewed up from dirt and lack of lubrication. Does any one know where I can find one of these gears? It is approx 1 1/4" in diameter. Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Jeff NAWCC #0155247

2. jeff geddes

jeff geddes Registered User

Feb 1, 2002
    Hi,I am a NAWCC member, but this is my first old electric clock. I usually only handle mechanical movements, but a good friend of mine asked me if I wold look at this one to suprise his wife. It was her mother's. After taking it apart it was apparent that it was the fiber gear that was the problem and it became chewed up from dirt and lack of lubrication. Does any one know where I can find one of these gears? It is approx 1 1/4" in diameter. Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Jeff NAWCC #0155247

3. watchentime

watchentime Registered User

Jun 2, 2004
    Hi

I may be able to help you
    I am also new to this fourm as of today and also a member of the NAWCC. I am looking for a dial of a Telechron Brandon or Doric clock, hope I am as lucky as you. I think I have a extra one in a spare parts pile that is not broken. I will take a look and let you know.
    You can send me your address just in case.
    Always Watchenitme
    Rick
    watchentime@comcast.com

4. watchentime

watchentime Registered User

Jun 2, 2004
    Hi
    I do have one let me know if you are interested
    Always Watchentime
    Rick