Which chapter to join and fees.

Discussion in 'Chapter News and Views' started by paddy2042, Apr 27, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. paddy2042

paddy2042 Registered User

Feb 6, 2017
    Country Flag:
    I am trying to find information on the NWCC but am not getting far. I can't even find the cost of joining! I am in Sydney, Australia, and I notice that there is a chapter here. Does membership of one chapter give access to all benefits from all other chapters? I guess I would join the Sydney Chapter. I know this sounds silly but I find the information shortage, or my lack of being able to find it, puzzling. I f anyone could give me information or at least point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Patrick

2. Dave Coatsworth

Dave Coatsworth Senior Administrator
    NAWCC Business Sponsor

Feb 11, 2005
    Male
    Watch Parts Dealer
    Camarillo, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi Patrick,
    Chapters operate independently of one another so, no, membership in one Chapter does not give you membership in others. Note that, to join a Chapter, you must first be a dues paying member of the NAWCC. As shown at the top of this screen, joining the NAWCC is $80 per year. Chapter dues are set by each Chapter and vary.

3. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
  4. John Hubby

John Hubby Senior Administrator Emeritus
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Life Member

Sep 7, 2000
    The Woodlands, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    NAWCC First Australian Chapter No. 72 will be meeting on Sunday May 7, 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm, at the Wentworthville Uniting Church Hall, 115 Station Street, Wentworthville NSW. You can attend as a visitor and I'm sure will be welcomed by the club. I joined this chapter and the NAWCC in 1982 while on work assignment in Australia and am still a member of the chapter although I don't get to attend meetings very often. They have an excellent newsletter, a lot of educational programs and classes, and are really helpful to anyone with an interest in any kind of watches or clocks. Should you go to the meeting give them all my best regards.

5. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I'll have to join in the hope of meeting you there someday.