Which chapter to join and fees.

Discussion in 'Chapter News and Views' started by paddy2042, Apr 27, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new home of the NAWCC Message Board
    We are glad to see you have found us Guest. If you like what you find here, please let your friends know about us.
  1. paddy2042

paddy2042 Registered User

Feb 6, 2017
    I am trying to find information on the NWCC but am not getting far. I can't even find the cost of joining! I am in Sydney, Australia, and I notice that there is a chapter here. Does membership of one chapter give access to all benefits from all other chapters? I guess I would join the Sydney Chapter. I know this sounds silly but I find the information shortage, or my lack of being able to find it, puzzling. I f anyone could give me information or at least point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Patrick

2. Dave Coatsworth

Dave Coatsworth Super Moderator
    NAWCC Member Donor

Feb 11, 2005
    Hi Patrick,
    Chapters operate independently of one another so, no, membership in one Chapter does not give you membership in others. Note that, to join a Chapter, you must first be a dues paying member of the NAWCC. As shown at the top of this screen, joining the NAWCC is $80 per year. Chapter dues are set by each Chapter and vary.

3. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
  4. John Hubby

John Hubby Principal Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Sep 7, 2000
    NAWCC First Australian Chapter No. 72 will be meeting on Sunday May 7, 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm, at the Wentworthville Uniting Church Hall, 115 Station Street, Wentworthville NSW. You can attend as a visitor and I'm sure will be welcomed by the club. I joined this chapter and the NAWCC in 1982 while on work assignment in Australia and am still a member of the chapter although I don't get to attend meetings very often. They have an excellent newsletter, a lot of educational programs and classes, and are really helpful to anyone with an interest in any kind of watches or clocks. Should you go to the meeting give them all my best regards.

5. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    I'll have to join in the hope of meeting you there someday.