Where's Bugs?

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
I haven't seen any post from shutterbug for a while. He usually makes lots of post every morning ... Willie X

Schatznut

NAWCC Member
Sep 26, 2020
SoCal
Country
Region
Right you are - haven't seen him in the past week. Hope everything is OK. But then you went AWOL for quite a while yourself, as I recall... ;)

Reactions: Willie X

NEW65

Nov 17, 2010
United Kingdom
Country
Region
Its good to know that Shutt is okay and hopefully will be returning back on here soon. I haven’t been on here for a while recently so hadn’t noticed until Willie started the thread :)

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Thanks for the concern, guys! My brother and his daughter were visiting me from Iowa. We were in entertainment mode for ten days and I didn't get much done :) I had a Tambour clock that had an accident in my shop a few years ago. A large cuckoo weight fell on it and punched a hole clean through the top. It had been serviced, and I was pretty upset about it ... but brought it with me when I moved. Anyway, he was looking through my stuff, and of all the clocks liked the looks and sound of that poor thing. When he left yesterday morning, I sent it with him, and he was thrilled with the idea of having it in his home. A happy ending for the old clock :)
So it's back to work for me, and I have a lot of catch up to do :D

Bruce Alexander

Sponsor
NAWCC Brass Member
Feb 22, 2010
Hanover, PA
www.testoftimeclocks.com
Country
Region
Welcome back SB! :clap:

It didn't take long before you were missed.

We could certainly understand if you just needed a break from us too (as always, I speak for myself :chuckling:). Glad to hear that all is well and that you've had an opportunity to visit with family now that Covid is starting to, kind of fade into the background...maybe.

What will your brother do about the hole in the tambour case? Is he a good wood worker, or is he just happy with it the way it is?

Regards,

Bruce

Last edited:
Reactions: NEW65

RJSoftware

Apr 15, 2005
Loxahatchee, Florida
Country
Region
Yep, glad your not a sticky in some memorial. Probably you guys'll pour champagne when I kick it. "Whimper whimper, sniff sniff"... I can see it all now, you all got party hats and baloons. Some lady breaks out of huge cake etc. all cause I make long replies. "Waaaaa, sniff sniff, woes me".

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
I think he's going to leave the hole in it, Bruce. If he sets it high enough, no one will see it :) He says it's an extra sound hole :D He has it up and running, and really likes it. He recently lost his wife, so anything to bring him some enjoyment is good.

Bruce Alexander

Sponsor
NAWCC Brass Member
Feb 22, 2010
Hanover, PA
www.testoftimeclocks.com
Country
Region
If he sets it high enough, no one will see it
If you haven't already done so, you might suggest he plug it with some fabric, or something, to help keep out the dust. On the other hand, if it gets a bunch of dust in the works, that's what he has you for. :chuckling:

He recently lost his wife
Sorry to hear that your brother is hurting SB. Although he has lost his Love, he still has loving family.

Again, welcome back.

Regards,

Bruce

Reactions: NEW65

Dave T

NAWCC Member
Dec 8, 2011
NC
Country
Region
I had a clock fall off the wall hook the other day. Thankfully it only dropped a couple of feet and jammed against the door frame and the top of a ladder back chair. And no damage.
But, the hook on the wall was one of those J hooks held by a slanted nail. And the bottom of the J straightened out! Didn't think that would ever happen.

chimeclockfan

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region
Glad to hear from you again, Bugs. We always tend to go on-edge when any prominent member's been absent for more than a few days.
Wouldn't have expected a tambour to survive such an accident but all's well that ends well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrydodge
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller