Where to get sangamo motor

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by John Echternach, May 6, 2008.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. John Echternach

John Echternach Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jul 27, 2003
    This is my 1st electric clock. A friend ask me to look at it. I know very little about electrics. Coincidently I heard a short lecture this past weekend about electric clocks and became very interested. My problem:

I have a Seth Thomas time only clock with a number stamped on its back side along the outer perimeter, "41-7" and it has a sangamo motor held onto the movement with 3 machine screws. There is a large number on the motor in ink, "425." It is 115v 50-60 cycles motor.

Where can I get a replacement motor? Any help or information on the clock is greatly appreciated. Thank you. Sincerely, John #0159010

2. eskmill

eskmill Registered User
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Region Flag:
    The Sangamo motor used on many of the older Seth Thomas AC electric clocks is available as salvage from donor clocks. Generally, the motor itself is either in servicable condition or needing only a new bushing and cleaning although this motor is not noted for being powerful, it is sufficient if the clockworks are in fair condition.

The exception is of course if the connecting wires are broken off.

Is this the motor you seek?

Attached Files: