Where to buy timing washers

Discussion in 'Watch Repair' started by Ben S., Apr 16, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ben S.

Ben S. Registered User

Dec 7, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello All,

Does anyone know where I can buy some timing washers? All I can find at the supply houses is various sizes of timing screws, but no washers — unless I missed them, which is possible. Thank you in advance for any information you can provide!

2. topspy

topspy Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Male
    Video engineer
    Oregon
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    They turn up on eBay quite often. However they are often quite tarnished, and the ratings are somewhat suspect...

3. Smudgy

Smudgy Registered User

May 20, 2003
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    `You should be able to get them from whatever material house you work with. I bought some from S.LaRose while they were still around, but if you talk to the operator they may have some. The material houses may not have an assortment, but will sell refills if you know size and time change desired. Otherwise check the used material sources and clean what you get to brighten them up.

4. Allepunta

Allepunta Registered User

Jul 31, 2020
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Good sets of timing washers are not easy to find even here in switzerland. as topspy said most of the time look like crap and are all mixed or the center holes are too small for pocket watches...