Where can I buy these?

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by Rob P., Mar 16, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rob P.

Rob P. Registered User

Dec 19, 2011
    California
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Where can I get wrist watch heads/cases?

I know Ofrei has some and there's that auction site for the ones being sold from China and there's the jumbo 4 thousand mm Panerai cases there too. But other than those, who sells decent wrist watch cases?

2. PatH

PatH National Program Chair
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    What type of wrist watch cases are you looking for? New, vintage, antique? Men's, women's? I think this type of information might be helpful for those who are more in the know than I.

Good luck in your search.

3. Rob P.

Rob P. Registered User

Dec 19, 2011
    California
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    New, obviously.

Could be thin dress types or could be modeled after the Rolex Corporate Oyster case. I don't need to search for ETA 2824 series automatic compatible. (Those are available almost anywhere.) Instead, I'm looking to recase some vintage manual wind movements for wearing. Some of the movements are round, some are rectangular, some are square.

Men's or women's - not picky as long as the movement fits inside the case. Water resistant a plus.

PatH likes this.
  4. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Take meauseurements. Careful measurements. You will need to know these exactly.
    You could buy a box full of cases and still find that none of them fit your movements.

5. Rob P.

Rob P. Registered User

Dec 19, 2011
    California
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I've recased a couple of movements already. Interestingly enough, I discovered that I can "modify" a case to fit a movement without much trouble. Such as machining out the tapered dial opening and inserting a new one with a smaller opening as well as machining so that the stem is correctly depth located for the winding works. It's fussy work but not particularly challenging.

I'm just looking for cases that are "different" than the usual "oyster style" case. At this point I'm also considering making a few cases from scratch but that looks like it'll take a lot of time which I'm usually short on. So, where can I buy cases besides Ofrei and fleabay?

6. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    China. However, you will probably need to order a minimum of one thousand.