• For those of you who were having issues connecting to the Forums, it turns out that our modem was not functioning properly. We have replaced it now and the connection to the Forums has been restored. Thank you for your patience.
  • For those of you who were having issues connecting the Forums it turns out that our modem was not functioning properly. We have replaced it now and the connection to the Forums has been restored. Thank you for your patience.

Where’s Willie?

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
His last post was in the club tooth thread, discussing half dead-beats. He seemed in good spirits at that time (Feb 11).
Shutt,

His last post was May 11.:)

Hopefully, his computer broke down and it is taking time to get a replacement and have it set-up.

Regards.

NEW65

Nov 17, 2010
United Kingdom
Country
Region
Has anyone contact Tom with regards to Willie? I haven’t Been in touch because I presume that a few of us on here will have done so already. Thanks

wow

NAWCC Member
Jun 24, 2008
Pineville, La. (central La.)
Country
Region
I was in hopes that someone on the MB would have made personal contact with him in the past. Maybe he repaired their clock. If anyone knows where he lives or has personal info, please contact him or his family. Please do not put personal info on this message board. Just try to contact him and let us know if he is ok.

Reactions: NEW65

NEW65

Nov 17, 2010
United Kingdom
Country
Region
Thanks for adding this wow. It’s a good idea. I’m hoping that we hear something soon. Someone must know something. I guess there’s a chance that we may never find out. Let’s hope not.

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
We all have to give admin our addrress. I'm reasonably sure that is true.
A user may enter his/her address in order to receive information about the NAWCC. Otherwise, the address may be omitted. In fact, the instructions for the address field state: "Either enter accurate information or leave this field blank to avoid an unnecessary expense for the NAWCC." Then, too, Willie registered in 2008, when the registration "protocol" was a bit different.

wow

NAWCC Member
Jun 24, 2008
Pineville, La. (central La.)
Country
Region
Well, it’s August and we still haven’t heard from Willie. I just read one of his comments on an old thread. His comments were always helpful. Anyone heard anything about him?

Lynsey

Nov 7, 2019
South County, Rhode Island
Country
Region
Hi Wow, no sign of Willie that I have heard. I know we all get busy and there are seasonal priorities. Life also gets in the way. I am just hoping he surfaces and wonders what all of the fuss was about. We certainly miss him and hope all is well. Sending all good thoughts to all of our NAWCC posters too!

Lynsey the Doozie King who has clocks falling apart all round her. I shall return!

Reactions: NEW65 and PatH

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
We haven't seen you for a while either, Lynsey. Nice to "see" you again :)

Lynsey

Nov 7, 2019
South County, Rhode Island
Country
Region
Thank you very much, Shutterbug and Kevin!! I was just thinking of WillieX and wishing him the best where ever he may be. His help, advice, concern, wit, wisdom and all around generosity have enriched us immeasurably. Happy Holidays, Willie!

Reactions: Kevin W.

SuffolkM

NAWCC Member
Jun 15, 2020
Country
Sending best wishes to Willie X, too. Only today I found one his 12000+ posts incredibly helpful. Honestly, I have many "horology" books but nothing comes close to the precise, and truthful comments he has made here over the years. Not only did he know the answers, he knew them exactly - so much experience.

Reactions: PatH and Kevin W.

NEW65

Nov 17, 2010
United Kingdom
Country
Region
I find it hard to believe that no one knows anything. Over the years I exchanged a few pm’s with Willie. He always replied. He told me that he was going to spend more of his time on here. He said that in March this year. If anyone knows more about Willie please do let us know.

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
Thanks to all.

I didn't have the Covid but I did get very sick in May. My family made me / took me to the doctor. I would have normally refused to go but I was to weak to resist! They treated me for Covid although the test was negative and I got mostly well in about a month.

I do a lot of things and my 'things to do' list became very long and my energy level was still low. So, I plugged along as best I could and slowly got my ducks back in a row but dodging the covid was no fun and somewhat depressing.

Long story short, I'm almost back to normal, assuming I was ever normal. And I enjoy the MB as much as ever.

Luv and best wishes to all,. Willie

Schatznut

NAWCC Member
Sep 26, 2020
SoCal
Country
Region
um... unless he's got a Doppelganger somewhere or someone hijacked his profile, he just responded this morning to a thread called Cleaning (very) dirty mainsprings in the repair, restoration and design forum.

Reactions: Grant Perry

Schatznut

NAWCC Member
Sep 26, 2020
SoCal
Country
Region
Glad you're back and OK, Willie - we've missed you!

roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
Country
Region
Thanks to all.

I didn't have the Covid but I did get very sick in May. My family made me / took me to the doctor. I would have normally refused to go but I was to weak to resist! They treated me for Covid although the test was negative and I got mostly well in about a month.

I do a lot of things and my 'things to do' list became very long and my energy level was still low. So, I plugged along as best I could and slowly got my ducks back in a row but dodging the covid was no fun and somewhat depressing.

Long story short, I'm almost back to normal, assuming I was ever normal. And I enjoy the MB as much as ever.

:) What's normal anyway.. As has been said lots of times, You were missed and there was genuine concern for your health.

Uhralt

NAWCC Member
Sep 4, 2008
Country
Region
Thanks to all.

Glad you are back! You didn't respond to a PM in May and we didn't hear from you since, so I got really worried. Great you're getting back to normal!

Uhralt

PatH

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Dec 5, 2014
Texas
Country
Region
Welcome back, Willie! As you can see from other posts, the absence of you and your experience/advice were missed. Glad you are recovered and back again.

S_Owsley

NAWCC Member
Jan 24, 2011
San Francisco
Country
Region
Willie, I was so worried and feared the worst. I too have enjoyed your posts tremendously. I am so glad you are back in the swing of things - and alive! You were missed and I often thought of you when I was on the MB. Please don't disappear again any time soon!

Reactions: SuffolkM

R. Croswell

Apr 4, 2006
Trappe, Md.
www.greenfieldclockshop.com
Country
Region
Thanks to all.

Glad to see you back!

RC

Reactions: S_Owsley

Vernon

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2006
Country
Region
Now we can stop wondering "What would Willie say/do", we can ask or wait for Willie to reply! It's very good to see your posts again.

Reactions: S_Owsley

disciple_dan

Blackwell Clock Award
Donor
Mar 10, 2016
Plant City
Country
Region
Willie's back? Thank God he's alright. It's great to see his comments online again. Welcome back, Willie X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elgin113
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Bread Upon the Waters by Tom McIntyre