wheelbarrow movement

Discussion in 'Clock Construction' started by Dennism, Nov 24, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dennism

Dennism Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Country Flag:
    Hi guys, Im considering building a replica of the New Hampshire mirror clock. Does anyone know who makes a movement? This looks like a banjo movement turned on its side to me but I don't know the dimensions.

Wheelbarrow1.JPG

2. Jim DuBois

Jim DuBois Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Jun 14, 2008
    Male
    Magnolia, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    For a long time Kilborn and Proctor, later Kilborn, Proctor, and Grass made replica wheelbarrow movements. Those are no longer available, but I did see a couple of new unused K&P movements at a mart recently. I have no idea who had them, I am just suggesting that some may be out and about uncased. I am not aware of anyone who offers them for sale new these days.

3. Jim DuBois

Jim DuBois Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Jun 14, 2008
    Male
    Magnolia, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #3 Jim DuBois, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    198.jpg 12096095_10206629844883449_4348824125751334384_n.jpg

Here is one I put together years ago using the gear train from a modern banjo clock (K&P in this case). I bought a number of raw gear trains from K&P back in the day for projects like this one. Their movement as they sold it did not fit this fellows case for reasons I don't remember. The 2nd photo is of a slightly different style, but still considered to be a wheel barrow movement by some. Please note the assembled one was not intended to fool anyone, the owner of the case wanted a movement built to fit his very nice case and dial and he had a limited budget