• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

What's this tool called?

part-timer

Jun 27, 2017
Wichita, Kansas
Country
I'm based in the USA, but I found this picture on a now-closed UK-based eBay auction.
I'd like to have one - does anyone here happen to know what they're called? And if they're commercially available?
If I can't find one to buy, I might have to make one - or have it made for me.
Thanks in advance.
mini tap wrench_1a.jpg
mini tap wrench_1b.jpg

Schatznut

NAWCC Member
Sep 26, 2020
SoCal
Country
Region
Agree with EW. Looks like a tap handle, and a nice one, at that.

Reactions: part-timer

part-timer

Jun 27, 2017
Wichita, Kansas
Country
Thank you all, gentlemen. After a bit of poking around the internet, the important search term to include is "offset" tap wrench or handle. I see that other makers besides Irwin make them, among them being Hanson and Vermont American.
I have a very small tap (a #5-40 bottoming tap) that I need to hold. The square portion at the back end measures only 0.110" across the flats. If that Irwin handle will hold my tap, then I've found a candidate! If not, a similar tool appears simple to make.
Thanks again!

Schatznut

NAWCC Member
Sep 26, 2020
SoCal
Country
Region
I like it when a craftsman is proud enough of his work to sign and date it. That one is really special.

Reactions: part-timer

part-timer

Jun 27, 2017
Wichita, Kansas
Country
I like it when a craftsman is proud enough of his work to sign and date it. That one is really special.
I have to agree! It appears to be quite well made. And in good condition, as well. I'd be proud to own it, as I imagine most of us here would be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztrukin
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent