What would you buy for under £350 :-)

Discussion in 'Horological Misc' started by Mikeclarke, Feb 21, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mikeclarke

Mikeclarke Registered User

Jan 2, 2015
    High street shop
    Uk
    Country Flag:
    Hi this is my first post, I'm just interested to see what people's preferred choice of watch is under budget. Say the budget is $350, the watch needs to be pre 1975 either manual wind or auto. Personally I like a nice seamaster, but I have also just purchased a custom omega with a fantasy blue dial with gold hands and batons!

2. Mikeclarke

Jan 2, 2015
    High street shop
    Uk
    Country Flag:
  3. doug sinclair

doug sinclair Registered User

Aug 27, 2000
    Calgary, Alberta
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #3 doug sinclair, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
    Welcome,

You mention both £ 350.00, and $ 350.00 in your 2 posts. I am going on the assumption that your main interest is £ 350.00. I live in Canada. At current exchange rates, a £ would cost me $1.93 Canadian. Or about $ 675.00! That would certainly affect how enthusiastic I might be about anything that came my way! The last time I paid a price anywhere near that was for a Waltham 1883 model, C P R (Canadian Pacific Railway) pocket watch. It wasn't a tough decision for me to make because I had known of the watch for close to 20 years. It is without doubt the absolutely nicest C P R 1883 model I have ever seen, and when it became available, I swallowed hard, and went for it! A close second was for a decent 1892 Waltham C R T S (Canadian Railway Time Service). Am I currently seeking anything in the $675.00 (Cdn.) price range? A definite NO on that one! I have the brother to the one you included in your post. It too is a nice one. It would embarrass me to tell you what I paid for that one!

4. Mikeclarke

Jan 2, 2015
    High street shop
    Uk
    Country Flag:
    The Canadian Pacific railway watch was a good buy, I have just been admiring one on an auction site. I'm not so into my pocket watches as I am my wrist watches but I do have a couple :)

5. doug sinclair

doug sinclair Registered User

Aug 27, 2000
    Calgary, Alberta
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    This C P R is an easy one to love. image.jpg image.jpg

6. Les harland

Les harland Registered User

Apr 10, 2008
    Male
    Hertfordshire England
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have never believed in love at first sight until now

7. Burkhard Rasch

Burkhard Rasch Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 1, 2007
    Male
    General-and trauma surgeon
    Twistringen
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I managed to get this one considerably below 350,-,be it pounds or dollars,and after a full service I´m verry pleased with it.
    Burkhard

Attached Files: