What type of chain for an Urgos grandfather clock movement?

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Rgoodwin02, Mar 17, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rgoodwin02

Rgoodwin02 New Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Country Flag:
    Hello all,
    I picked up a 1980's-ish Ethan Allen Grandfather clock for free, it was about to be discarded (possibly for a reason...).
    The cabinet was damaged and I repaired it. I have the weights and pendulum and I know how to place them (I weighed them).
    However, I am missing all the chains. I would like to replace the chains to see if it works at all.
    I realize it is old and that the Urgos 32316 movement is probably heavily worn.
    At this point, I am just tinkering in my carpentry shop. It is a beautiful cabinet at least.
    I believe I need to know links per inch or foot, and I will need to buy hooks and ends as well.
    Can anyone specify the chain and suggest sources?
    Thanks,
    Rory

2. THTanner

THTanner Registered User
    Donor NAWCC Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Carson City, Nevada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    If you google 'urgos 32 chain' you should get several links including one that has an 800 number hotline for Urgos movement questions. They should be able to take the full movement number information from your clock and help you with the proper chains.

3. upstateny

upstateny Registered User

Oct 2, 2015
    Country Flag:
    I believe the 32316 is the old 32/19 movement, if so it would use 46.5LPF of 1.7mm chain.