What to do with about 300 pin pallet clock inserts?

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by D.th.munroe, Feb 14, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. D.th.munroe

D.th.munroe Registered User

Feb 15, 2018
    Male
    Full time clock and watchmaker
    BC Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi all.
    I'm not sure where I should post this. I hope this is ok as I'm not looking to sell these, but I'm up to my armpits in clock stuff recently and have no use for these. I was wondering if they would be worth donating to someone maybe doing a workshop on pin pallets, or just needs similar practice movements. They're new old stock, but weren't stored well, and there is a bit of rust on the long mounting bolts and the backs of some of the dials, but the movements themselves seem ok. Also have a box of backs, nuts, and winders for them. Or should I just bin them?
    All the best
    Dan.

20190214_031359.jpg

2. Uhralt

Uhralt Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Are all the movements the same? Which diameter do they have? There may be members looking for a replacement because this kind of movement is often badly worn in clocks that have been running most of the time.

Uhralt

3. D.th.munroe

D.th.munroe Registered User

Feb 15, 2018
    Male
    Full time clock and watchmaker
    BC Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #3 D.th.munroe, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Hi Uhralt.
    So far I've only looked in 5 boxes of 10 and they are all, bezel and all, 63mm just under 2 1/2 inches. Some with Roman numerals as well. I will check the rest soon.

Dan.