What to do if you lose a screw (NO JOKES)

Discussion in 'Watch Repair' started by Time2Fish, Apr 4, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. NAWCC Login Function is Not Working. If you know your username and password for the Message Board, you can log in using the small login link at the upper right.
  1. Accutronica

Accutronica Registered User

Nov 21, 2016
    Last night I had a 214 train bridge screw in the tip of some self-closing tweezers so I could measure it. It said, "fling", and took off. I could feel my heart sink! Luckily I found it pretty quick and was glad I didn't have to scour through my screws looking for another one.
    I now press the screws into a flattened piece of Rodico to hold them better whilst I take my measurements.

2. RJSoftware

RJSoftware Registered User

Apr 15, 2005
    Male
    I wonder if 218 has similar/same screw assortments. Or most same... Junker movements might be cheaper. 218s are nice. I love the Accutrons and I hate the Accutrons. Fun watches to have and listen to. But finicky. I wish they made the paws/fingers bigger. More robust.

RJ

3. Accutronica

Accutronica Registered User

Nov 21, 2016
    I don't know yet, I'm still studying the 214 right now. After I'm finished with the 214 I'll start on my 2182. The index/pawl jewels are very small but nothing a good microscope can't handle. If they were easy to work on then everybody would do it.