what maker is this clock

MikeDeB

NAWCC Member
Apr 10, 2013
Okemos, Michigan
Country
Region
Pics of the movement would help to identify the maker since the dial is a replacement from E. J. Swigart. Nice clock.

owen.or

NAWCC Member
Aug 26, 2000
Near Portland, Oregon
Country
Region
Regarding the mark on the dial, take a look at this thread: https://mb.nawcc.org/showthread.php?126706-Old-Paper-Replacement-Dial&highlight=swigart

The clock appears to be a Seth Thomas regulator #9. Tran Duy Ly's 2004 Seth Thomas book shows an example from the 1896 Seth Thomas catalog. The clock was undoubtedly produced for a number of years before and after that year. It might have a stencil on the back showing the year of manufacture usually printed in reverse with a letter corresponding to the month, A for January, B for February, etc. so for example a date stencil of 2091D would be a clock made in April of 1902. The side hanging weight in not unheard of in Seth Thomas weight driven regulators, but it is a bit unusual. Can you provide more pictures of the movement? Also, there appear to be a couple of accent pieces missing from the top of the case. David, Owen.or

mr.jeepster

Nov 28, 2008
ILLINOIS
Country
Region
That is all the pictures I have of this clock. (he email me this pictures)I look at this clock 3 yrs ago hanging on a wall then. It's about 2 hrs drive from my house and the guy said it was his great grand pa's clock. 1890's? Now he want to sell it to me. I trying to decide if it worth the price he wants for it. To me it looks like it someone piece it together by the weight hanging on it's side like that. That's why I ask why it looks like it. I never seen one like it..

mr.jeepster

Nov 28, 2008
ILLINOIS
Country
Region
It look's to be Seth Thomas regulator #9 but missing topper corners. And with an aftermarket dial face. I'm going to pass and save my 500.00 for something else..thanks guy's for posting..

Our 2021 National Meeting in Hampton Roads Virginia
Topic related ad experiment
Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDHusker
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions