What is this clock?

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by spxer, Feb 12, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. spxer

spxer Registered User

Jun 20, 2016
    Country Flag:
    83467950_2516539651948424_1749692457173385216_o.jpg
    Can anyone tell me what this clock is? Or was? I am informed the dial and movement are replacements.

2. Ticktocktime100

Ticktocktime100 Registered User

Nov 11, 2012
    Student
    France
    Country Flag:
    Hi,

Is this the only picture you have? More shots of the movement, case, dial and so on would likely allow us to provide better information. Judging by this single photograph, it looks to me like the clock could perhaps be all original, but again we need more to go on in order to decide.

Regards.

3. spxer

spxer Registered User

Jun 20, 2016
    Country Flag:
    I found this for sale online. The seller states the movement and dial have been changed to electric. I have asked for more photos but none have arrived. It is over 150 mile away or I would check it out. If it is something important, I would go get it.

4. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    North Carolina
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I think that means "changed to quartz". I would let it go.

5. spxer

spxer Registered User

Jun 20, 2016
    Country Flag:
    yes, I understand the movement is probably quartz. I am curious as to what the clock is, having never seen one of this type. (I have seen a few) Also, I have a sweep seconds pin wheel movement that needs a home.

6. JTD

JTD Registered User

Sep 27, 2005
    Sorry if I am missing something, but I'm not sure what information you are looking for. You ask 'what the clock is'. As the original movement has been removed, we can really only talk about the case. But I can't see anything unusual about it, so perhaps you are asking about some other specific point?

Again, my apologies if I am being dense.

JTD

7. spxer

spxer Registered User

Jun 20, 2016
    Country Flag:
    The case appears unusual to me. It is not like any grandfather clock I know of. American, English, Northern European, or German. I can't say what furniture style it is. It does not appear to be antique, nor modern. I thought it may have been an industrial or scientific regulator.