What is a Spaceview B?

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by Time2Fish, Apr 13, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Time2Fish

Time2Fish Registered User

Mar 5, 2017
    Country Flag:
    I see Bulova Accutron Spaceview wristwatches advertised on ebay as Spaceview B watches. They are larger in size. My question is did Bulova make a larger version of the spaceview wristwatch called a spaceview B? Is a Spaceview B a 214 movement with a larger case?

Thanks,

2. Hawk53

Hawk53 Registered User

Dec 19, 2013
    retired
    native Californian
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
  3. Accutronica

Accutronica Registered User

Nov 21, 2016
    disabled
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I think the spaceviews are ugly myself. I'll take a nice dial any day of the week, especially with so many fake spaceviews being sold.

Robert

4. MINI

MINI Registered User

Sep 26, 2012
    Country Flag:
    And what does any of that have to do with the OP's question? :confused:

5. Accutronica

Nov 21, 2016
    disabled
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    What does yours? :confused:

6. Jeff Hess

Jeff Hess Super Moderator
    Donor Sponsor NAWCC Member

Sep 3, 2000
    watches
    Florida
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Interesting thread. Hey guys, threads do tend to meander a bit. Lets keep civil and on track.

Accutronica's aside about his view of a Spaceview being "ugly" is interesting if not entirely on point.

A lot of watches are "ugly" to many. Another thread should be started maybe on "ugly watches. :)

But back to the point. From the article shared, it seems the :B: model is indeed a 214.

Question: is there a designated name for the big huge 1970's versions... the 218 versions?

Jeff

7. Hawk53

Hawk53 Registered User

Dec 19, 2013
    retired
    native Californian
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Kinda thought that was what I was trying to do Jeff...:whistle:

8. Accutronica

Nov 21, 2016
    disabled
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #8 Accutronica, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2017
    The most important point though is that there are so many people ripping others off with their fake spaceviews. Even though I've read and bookmarked the blog that shows how to spot the fakes, I would still not waste my money on them.

9. Hawk53

Hawk53 Registered User

Dec 19, 2013
    retired
    native Californian
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I tend to agree about them probably being among the most faked watch on "ebay". I personally have never had a inclination to collect any version of the Accutron's, but there are a lot of people tripping over themselves to get one, or a hundred, they're just not my cop of tea.

I've heard stories of even the most seasoned Accutron collector getting burned.Education while absolutely necessary, isn't always a guarantee.

10. Accutronica

Nov 21, 2016
    disabled
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I agree, mostly. I'm learning on a 214 right now. I wanted to measure every screw and log their dimensions but I can't trust it because I know someone else has been into it before. The parts list shows one screw for the train bridge but my 214 has all 3 screws with slight differences - the bottom screw is clearly different than the top 2 which look alike.
    I really don't care much for the 214's and will probably never buy one or service one unless it's for family/friends. I like the 2182's myself.
    I bought a 2210 ladies watch that was supposed to be working, but they lied. I got it cheap so I'm keeping it hoping I can repair it and also to gain some experience on them.

11. Jeff Hess

Jeff Hess Super Moderator
    Donor Sponsor NAWCC Member

Sep 3, 2000
    watches
    Florida
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    agree with all. Accutrons, like Rolexes are often mismatched faked up and otherwise mess with.

Jeff

buyer beware! But still.... cool watches and I willtke my chances on them...(but that is just me)