What can one expect at..?

Discussion in 'Horological Misc' started by ClockMogul, Apr 8, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. NAWCC Login Function is Not Working. If you know your username and password for the Message Board, you can log in using the small login link at the upper right.
  1. ClockMogul

ClockMogul Registered User

Oct 1, 2011
    A NAWCC Meet. I will be attending my very 1st meet in Drawbridge, KY next week and currious as what one could expect to show up forsale..? Looking forward to finding a "OVER THE TOP" addition to my budding collection of time pieces. Can I place my order now..! Cheers, Jerry

2. richiec

richiec Registered User

Feb 24, 2007
    You can expect to find anything and everything, from the bargain to the expensive. It is a real experience that there can be so much stuff under one roof. Set a budget, you could go out of control.

3. FDelGreco

FDelGreco Registered User

Aug 28, 2000
    In addition, there are special interest chapter meetings -- British Horology, Tower Clock, Cog Counters, and Electrical Horology. Any NAWCC member may attend any of the meetings. I also understand that the exhibit is British Clocks. Finally, you will be able to meet at least one board member in the "meeting your rep" session.

The breakfast banquet Saturday morning is one of the best.

Frank

4. ClockMogul

Oct 1, 2011
    Actually I am quite excited to head down to Drawbridge for several days . Looking forward to possibly landing me a nice top shelf jewelers regulator. Anyone have a New Haven No10 mint they want tease me with..? :)

5. ClockMogul

Oct 1, 2011
    I am in the process of getting the CLOCKMOBILE loaded up with shipping blankets, storage container for mercury, pillows, etc,etc... Just in case that awesome mega super duper american jewelers regulator appears at The Fort Mitchell Show..Everyone i spoke to told me there is always something to buy at these conventions....

6. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    There is a wonderful George Jones regulator in a jewelry store in Covington. John Cote took a small group on a tour there a few years ago. I suspect you would need to buy the store to purchase it.

7. ClockMogul

Oct 1, 2011
    Hi Tom, I have actually seen pictures of htis clock somewhere on the net. I do know of one identical to it here in ohio that is very close to my home i have my eyes on.. Hopefully one day i may have a opportunity to own it..I love htose George Jones Clocks..

8. richiec

richiec Registered User

Feb 24, 2007
    I thought he wrote country music, he's been holding out on us. Good luck in your search.

9. ClockMogul

Oct 1, 2011
    I had a fantastic time at my very 1st NWACC Meet in KY. I was informed that the national meet 2013 will be in Dayton, ohio with ST being the feature clock. I also had my expectations up very high thinking i would find one of htose big over the top killer Jewelers Regulator Clocks. There was 1000's of clocks forsale but did not see a single one of the kind i like. There was a incredible French Torsion Swinger Clock that i was totally crazy over, however i have no clue to what i am looking at or it would have gone home with me..Anyways great time and very helpful fellow collectors..

10. ben_hutcherson

ben_hutcherson Registered User

Jul 15, 2009
    I'm glad to hear that you had a great time at Drawbridge-always one of my favorite regionals.

I had a table downstairs in "watch land" and didn't venture up to "clock land" too much. Although the show was slow in the afternoon, I still managed to buy some good watches and sell some good ones. Overall, a great time, and of course the best part of all is seeing old friends and making new ones.