• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

What are YOU wearing today? Please share!

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Golden Circle
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
My Thomas Funder moon phase watch is now 9 days after the full moon.

If I had realized how easy it was to remove the module, I would have done it sooner.
I have also discovered that the display shows the new and full moon twice in each rotation.

448FAFAD-7BEC-4647-AC08-9F59941E4C18.jpeg 38B38098-5BCD-49A0-B325-AFB7205AE6F4.jpeg

viclip

NAWCC Member
Jul 20, 2018
Country
Acccurist "Automatique"

Picked this up earlier this morning at a local flea market.
Powered by a Felsa 690 Bidynator 21j movement.
Love those red center sweeps, the watch is currently on my wrist & appears to keep time, with a functioning rotor.

Accurist Dial.jpg

Accurist mvt.jpg

Accurist caseBack.jpg

Schatznut

NAWCC Member
Sep 26, 2020
SoCal
Country
Region
Um... clean socks? (Sorry - I'm a clock guy - I couldn't help myself!) :chuckling:

Reactions: Bernhard J.

roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
Country
Region

noelekal

Jun 7, 2021
Country
To further the cause of this thread we'll stick up an obscure watch with post-war styling. It's a Remington Rand automatic in a gold-filled case of 32mm, running an Adolph Schild 17-Jewel automatic movement.
IMG_1011.jpg

Does anyone know anything about the watch? Did Remington Rand business machines once intend to get into the watch market? Was this a premium offered to customers? Perhaps it was an award to employees?

Remington Rand made quite a nice Model 1911-A1 pistol during World War II. It was well within their production capabilities and was made in large quantities to a high degree of workmanship. The assist with the war effort makes more sense than the watch.

Screenshot_2022-10-15 Photobucket Album Media.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: RL and Mr. Time

pmwas

Dec 12, 2010
Sosnowiec, Poland
Country
Region
Today’s set

362377F3-7099-46B7-BE20-148F21A328E1.jpeg

In fact, from today on I'm a certified moron.
The car died and I kept trying to figure out what's wrong with it only to figure out - after detaching the fuel hose from the carburator - the pump is not pumping fuel. Why? Well… because there was no fuel

There ya go. To confirm I'm an idiot I poured some fuel in and the car - reluctantly - started.

Bernhard J.

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 10, 2022
Berlin, Germany
Country
Region
Not exactly wearing it in the moment, it is just lying on my desk in office. A Bucherer Archimede Jumping Hour from the 90s. I was a llitle bit astonished that a forum search for "Bucherer" apparently gives zero results (or I am stupid, my wife would in certain situations not object)

Quite a heavy 18K case. The hour really jumps on the second to the next full hour.

Bucherer.jpg

Last edited:

roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
Country
Region
It doesn't seem to make sense that Bucherer weren't imported into the USA. A market is a market and the bigger the market the more exposure,
It just may be though that wristwatches aren't as popular on this site as are clocks and pocket watches.
Swiss watches, if they are one of the high priced ones maybe but in general not so much interest.

Bernhard J.

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 10, 2022
Berlin, Germany
Country
Region
Bucherer´s top products (including a tourbillion made in-house) are not exactly cheep products :cool:. I regard these as "low key", compared with famous makes, but not lesser. The case of this one is really massive although it does not look so.

Cheers, Bernhard

Reactions: noelekal

Incroyable

NAWCC Member
Jun 26, 2022
Country
Bucherer´s top products (including a tourbillion made in-house) are not exactly cheep products :cool:. I regard these as "low key", compared with famous makes, but not lesser. The case of this one is really massive although it does not look so.

Cheers, Bernhard

It seems similar to Gubelin's branded watches. Very little exposure outside of Europe and not much demand for them in the wider collector circle.

Last edited:

Douglas Romero

NAWCC Member
Nov 3, 2001
New England
Country
New Breitling B09 Pistachio

We all know Breitling makes too many varieties of wristwatches now. Like most all manufacturers. This I found new In the more reasonable market. 70 hour power reserve. Keeps time to about 1 sec per day. Better than I expected. Ok it seemed cute. I sold all my Navitimers and Chronomats from the 60s and decided to get one I could read and not be too concerned about where I wear it. Doug

B69367C2-2D16-439C-BC61-33C6D0E56603.jpeg D0ED34E0-78C5-40D8-95EC-FD4D5983DBEA.jpeg

wspohn

Feb 3, 2020
www.rhodo.citymax.com
Country
Region
Plan on wearing this Longines evening watch this weekend. Would have to look up the serial number but likely 60s/70s by style.

Nice textured gold dial.

pmwas

Dec 12, 2010
Sosnowiec, Poland
Country
Region
^ Looks like a modified ETA.

I decided I'd wear this Tissot for a day or two.

It would look nice If I could find a replacement dial for it. However, it does have that look of well worn and been through hell and high water.

View attachment 735616
Prim? No, it’s not ETA at all.
Prim developed it’s cal 96 automatic in 1980s and this cal 98 is just finished better. It is a Czech made in-house caliber. Sadly, not exactly cheap :(

viclip

NAWCC Member
Jul 20, 2018
Country
Elgin Wristy circa 1926

This local flea market find features a 3/0 size movement namely a Model 2 Grade 462 with 7j. Makes for an interesting wristwatch to wear, being nearly a century old.

ElginWWdial.jpg

ElginWWmvt.jpg

WlginWWcaseInfo.jpg

It's got a plain nickel case but what the heck I'm a plain case myself.

pmwas

Dec 12, 2010
Sosnowiec, Poland
Country
Region
They do make their watches prim.
Expensive. In fact - in Czechia there are two makers with rights to the Prim brand.
Manufacture Prim is the former watch division of the original Prim, now making watches using in house and ETA calibers. The other Prim is - I’ve read - the former clock division, and makes watches using Sellita and Asian movements. It’s generally cheaper, but still some models cost quite a lot. Both popular mostly in Czechia.

To get my Prim I sold my entire collection of Soviet watches. It cost - if I remember right - between $1500-$2000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QMAC
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent