• For those of you who were having issues connecting to the Forums, it turns out that our modem was not functioning properly. We have replaced it now and the connection to the Forums has been restored. Thank you for your patience.

What are YOU wearing today? Please share!

MrRoundel

Dec 28, 2010
So. Cal., USA
Country
Region
A vintage Howard wrist watch. I was attracted to it for the "Howard" name, but also liked the smaller size (30mm) and obvious vintage presentation. It has a Swiss A.Schild caliber 1287 or 1294. I was through my box this morning and decided to throw it on for the day. C&O'd about a year ago. She, or should I say he (Girl named Howard?) is running nicely upon winding. Cheers all.

IMG_2482.JPG

Marcelo

May 15, 2020
Country
Today I'm wearing the newest addition to my collection, a Casio MTP V006G.

Having had a number of digital Casios over the years, I've always wanted to try an analogue Casio. And I've always wanted a watch with Roman numerals, though that somehow always escaped me. So this one was very appealing to me and I'm enjoying it very much. 20210128_153303.jpg

Rick Hufnagel

Just Rick!
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2018
Pittsburgh pa
Country
Region
Today I'm wearing the newest addition to my collection, a Casio MTP V006G.

Having had a number of digital Casios over the years, I've always wanted to try an analogue Casio. And I've always wanted a watch with Roman numerals, though that somehow always escaped me. So this one was very appealing to me and I'm enjoying it very much. View attachment 635017
I bought one a couple years ago because of the dial. It's become the go to watch for any sort of bad weather. It's very comfortable to wear and seems indestructible. Love it

Today I have my new eco drive. After an unreasonable amount of deliberation... This is the one that I went with. It came with a bracelet, and I grabbed a black leather for it for some diversity.

Also have the Overland today in Pocket.

20210206_133932.jpg

Marcelo

May 15, 2020
Country
I bought one a couple years ago because of the dial. It's become the go to watch for any sort of bad weather. It's very comfortable to wear and seems indestructible. Love it

Today I have my new eco drive. After an unreasonable amount of deliberation... This is the one that I went with. It came with a bracelet, and I grabbed a black leather for it for some diversity.

Also have the Overland today in Pocket.

View attachment 636529
Glad to hear! I too love the dial, so simple and clean, yet so crisp and well made. I think it is very comfortable as well and do believe it will be with me for many years, if not decades.

Beautiful Elgin by the way. And the Citizen is not too shabby, either :).

agemo

Apr 5, 2011
SAINT-NAZAIRE - FRANCE
Country
Region
@ viclip,
Yes, in the early 50's, Lip Elgiloy was born out of Lip's collaboration with Elgin.
Lip used Elgin's unbreakable springs until 1957 (end of collaboration with Elgin and Elgiloy is no longer used on the dials).

Reactions: viclip

Michael Iannantuono

Feb 3, 2021
Swatch Irony aluminum chronograph. The original black plastic band was really brittle but I was recently able to find a NOS silicone band with a signed aluminum buckle.

View attachment 614992
Great little Swatch chronograph - I have one too. My Europe travel watch - when we were allowed to go to Europe. Original strap with the little dimples to make it look somewhat like a tire is called “Wildly” and back on the Swatch website.

Reactions: sderek

pmwas

Dec 12, 2010
Sosnowiec, Poland
Country
Region
Vostok Kremlyevskie...

E31E45D2-6779-4CD6-A10F-676BCAF893C7.jpeg

Full description on WUS:

MrRoundel

Dec 28, 2010
So. Cal., USA
Country
Region
I had this one on for a bit today. It just got a new crystal, crown, and Hadley-Roma leather band. A complete COA must wait until I decide what new cleaning solutions to buy.

I've got a thing for these rather classic styles. And I find Girard Perregaux watches to be a very good value for an excellent timekeeper with that classic style.

A couple of weeks back I was asking about substitute tools for pressing the tension-ring crystal in. I ended up giving to a friend to have her watchmaker install it for me. The first size I ordered from a "bay" seller was too small. Second time was the charm. Cheers all.

QKTX9419.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kcastiaux
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Bread Upon the Waters by Tom McIntyre